RC390 California Updates?

onethump

you guys in California are getting screwed on the price. I just bought mine yesterday, pick it up Wednesday. In Calgary, Alberta, Canada I paid $5999 Canadian, which is about $4800 US. With the stupid $499 destination fee and $299 PDI and 5% tax it all came to about $7100, which is $5700 US.

ToraTora

Country flag
For you guys that don't get the brakes thing--it could be that you've never experienced a bike that had good modulation. You can't expect inexpensive brakes to be all that, and as we are clearly seeing these brakes are not up to track work, or probably even serious riding. A trip to the local cafe, yeah sure maybe.

JKBC--it's great to see that sticker on a Canadian bike. It means that if we can't find the bikes here in CA there will be other sources. ;)

OneThump--there's a lot of nice things about California, but yeah we have to pay for it. :p

guzz46

Well I've experienced 6 pot twin disc Tokico's from my 1996 GSXR 750, and Brembo's from my 2008 Husky SM610, so I know what very good brakes feel like, and the brakes on my 390 are very good, easily more than enough power for the bike, even for track work, braking from 170kmh lap after lap... apart from turning the disc a blueish colour, which did eventually wear off.

Burnzi850

I'm wondering if anyone on the east coast/central time zone is seeing any RC's coming into their local dealerships. I'm here in Kentucky and no KTM dealers in 250 miles seem to have any RC's. I traded in my bike to get a new RC after I test rode an RC on a demo day. I was verbally promised that my bike would be in within 2 weeks and now its been over a month. I know I haven't been waiting as long as some of the other riders on this forum, but I didn't know if some one knew any information on what the problem was because my dealer doesn't have a clue on where the bike is.

fs1ephil

just curious are they the indicators you all get in the states because ours our completely different in the uk
we get much smaller l.e.d rear indicators that look real nice and trick.
I think it's a shame if you do, don't seem fair.
As for the brakes I have no complaints with them and I've got the 2014 Z1000se to compare it to. Admittedly there's a bit more pull before you get them on as if there's a little air in the system but they work real well and have got better over time.
im wondering if it's a bad batch of brake pads because there's mixed emotions
i doubt Brembo would put their name to cheap crappy brake callipers.

The Group Brands - Brembo Brakes

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Chill Out Already Guz, we know you love the brakes

Hey Phil,

The lights probably have to do with certain specs for which they must comply. In the States there are laws about how far apart the indicators need to be, and such. As for Brembo, You are right, they didn't put their name on the brakes. They used their lower line brand name that until now was reserved for the non-posh markets. That is to say what they refer to as BRIC--Brazil, Russia, India, and China.

Guz, you've repeatedly said so many non-credable things about the brakes in the past, and how your brother is like an astronaut that's raced on the moon, so I can't really put any credibility into what you have to say about the brakes. Sorry dude. But if you get offended because someone doesn't want to enjoy life the same way you do that's too bad for you. Plenty of credible voices have stated that the brakes suck. Now what sucks to them seems to be awesome to you, oh well. This bike was designed, and built for young kids--not as an expensive top of the line bike. Entry level bikes don't tend to come with awesome parts. That's pure economics.

Look around on this forum, how many young kids do you see buying these bikes? Like a handful of the folks on here are in their twenties. Most are double that, or more. At a certain point the idea of riding a non-stock machine becomes normal. Especially if that means fitting the bikes with a level of gear we've come to enjoy on our other bikes. Maybe we want to put better brakes on the bike. So what. Get over it already. :p

buzzBB5PW3_2850210b.jpg

guzz46

ToraTora, I've said all I need to say in regards to the brakes, I could pick apart your'e stupid post but what's the point? you're an idiot, and I can't do anything about that.

ToraTora

Country flag
Well Guz we'll just have to see about that--I'd be really surprised though if you actually do stop claiming how wonderful the stock brakes are when someone states otherwise. Hell even the folks at Motorcycle USA didn't place the KTM on top largely due to the lame brakes, and the weak suspension components. But it appears that you have to be an idiot to notice things like that, don't you Guz. I wonder why those idiots didn't like the stock brakes. hmm...:p

15_entrySport-main.jpg

guzz46

I won't have to see about that, because I already know you're an idiot, let me ask you a simple question, do you consider a bike that can easily lift the back wheel when braking from 100kmh to have bad brakes?
Yea, every time that happens I think to myself man these brakes suck.

But what would I known right? I'm just the guy riding MY bike, if anyone would know more about the brakes on MY bike it would be some random person sitting behind a computer screen reading what some other people have said about a completely different RC390 right?

Is there anything more you would like to tell me about MY bike? How does it handle? What about the other people on this forum who have no issues with the brakes? Are they lying too?

Oh and don't forget one of your credible sources also said the RC jumped out of 4th gear on occasions, so that must mean everyone's RC must jump out of 4th gear too right?

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
ToraTora, I've said all I need to say in regards to the brakes, I could pick apart your'e stupid post but what's the point? you're an idiot, and I can't do anything about that.

???????????????? Guys lets keep it friendly please.........

fs1ephil

Hey Phil,

The lights probably have to do with certain specs for which they must comply. In the States there are laws about how far apart the indicators need to be, and such. As for Brembo, You are right, they didn't put their name on the brakes. They used their lower line brand name that until now was reserved for the non-posh markets. That is to say what they refer to as BRIC--Brazil, Russia, India, and China.
I see where your coming from when you say they didn't put Brembo on them lol. I didn't look at it like that.
Although speaking from my own experience with my bike they are genuinely really good. Poor Pads or Bad Batches
cannot be ruled out because there are varied opinions. I do believe Guz when he says his are great because mine are to, but if mine were rubbish I'd probably be thinking yeh right lol. "Peace" :p

Rodolfo

The stock brakes, do stop the bike

The problem is that they need tons of pressure to do it, and the feel is not very good, to say the least.

That is what people refere to, when they are talking about bad brakes.

Well, that is just my opinion

Rodolfo

Maybe the problem is diferent pads, from country to country,

I will let everyone know what pads were on mine after I change them.

The bike is on the shop right now, but they are doing lines and pads at the same time, so I wont really know what made the diference.

But for reference, I usted to ride a

99 ducati monster
06 suzuki gsxr 600
97 aprilia rs125

and this is by far the worst stock brakes I have had

hope things change after the ss lines and ebc pads

TZMike

ToraTora and Guzz46- with all due respect both of you guys are getting REALLY BORING. Take it off Forum if you really need to continue... there is a PM button on both your user IDs.