RC390 USA Factory Warranty?

warlok9

I'm having trouble finding detailed info on the RC390 factory warranty. I've heard it is 2 years but need to confirm with actual owners. Also, what kind of coverage is it? Front to back full coverage warranty? Power train only? Any links or confirmed details would be appreciated.

The warranty I received for my US purchase yesterday was 12 months 12000 miles. BTW no slipper came on my 2015 RC390. That's ok I have a very good left hand!
I havent complete read the sheet yet.

warlok9

The warranty I received for my US purchase yesterday was 12 months 12000 miles. BTW no slipper came on my 2015 RC390. That's ok I have a very good left hand!
I havent complete read the sheet yet.

Thanks. Let us know more details on the warranty when u can. How hot does the motor run for you? I keep reading it runs hot and idles rough from every US owner review I have read. It's scary jumping into bed with this bike... it's a beautiful bike but has a shaky reliability record in europe over the last few years and early reports here are giving the same warning signs. If we could all walk out of the dealer only having paid $5499 instead of near $7000 for it, it would be a lot easier to take a gamble.

My concerns with the RC390: (maybe you can dispel some of these for me!)

1. Engine heat/ fan coming on all the time
2. Excessive vibration
3. Annoying squeeks and rattles around tank area
4. Rough Idle/ Engine Stalling for no reason

I really want to own one, but I only own one bike at a time. I don't want that bike to be a headache/hassle. I just want to ride it and not have to deal with issues. I had a Suzuki SV650S for many years and that bike never had one thing go wrong with it other than regular maintenance. (Oil, tires)

The slipper clutch is a non-issue for me. I never had one before so I'm not going to miss it.

The warranty in Australia is for 24 months should be the same in USA !

As for the fan coming on it gets less and lass after you have done a few k's on the clock

I have clocked up nearly 3000 ks on mine now
Ok the rattle around the tank area is the battery cover - you need to put a small rubber strip under the lip where it meets the tank cover if that makes sense!

Vibration smooths out also after say 1200 to1500 k's and even more so when you fit an aftermarket pipe - I have a fuel pipe on mine .

Yea the stalling rough idling was also a pain for me but after the first service and the ECU being reset there was a big improvement but was heaps better after I did the 15 minute idle run from cold although the idle is still a we bit rough the whole bike smooths out the more ks you put on it -

Do not be scared to purchase this bike the more I ride more the more I love it- it is a little weapon + I have also found the ridding the bike using the torque more helps settle the low rpm ridding control in slow traffic as it adjusts to your ridding style but in saying that the RC loves to bounce off the rev limiter when giving it a good handful all round blast just gets better with age - hope this helps ?