Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The AFR curve is pretty interessting, are they running lean from 5k to 7k RPM?
Can you give us some more details about what parts you have on your comparison bike?

It looks like adjusting the cam timing via the cam gears is allowed in the rules. I'm wondering if there is some dark magic going on here with overlap on the valves?
I checked cam timing and its 100% stock, at least according to the cam gears.
My old 390 was for sale on here with too much stuff to list really, dig that thread up and take a gander.
AFR isn't what I would call "lean" but its leaner in that range.

Compression tests don't work on 4 strokes with automatic decompressors but it looks to have standard high compression Cometic gaskets in it.

How much thinner is the Cometic to the standard KTM gasket?
I did read somewhere that there was a KTM Race gasket that had one layer of metal less in its construction, therefore thinner?

Tom

Have you tried putting the ECU from the race bike onto your "consumer grade" bike yet? I'm curiouse if a dyno pull on the same fuel with the race ecu on a modified RC390 would pull the same results.

Have you tried putting the ECU from the race bike onto your "consumer grade" bike yet? I'm curiouse if a dyno pull on the same fuel with the race ecu on a modified RC390 would pull the same results.

Same with swapping exhaust then dyno

Tom

The parts list for the ssp300 race kit only consists of 4 items that could potentially add power: short intake trumpet for the throttle body, exhaust, gaskets, and an ECU. Unless if KTM snuck some differences in the RC390R internals, before getting it homologated, The only thing that I can think of is they have a very amazing tune on high compression gaskets to go with the added octane in the fuel. There's no way a simple expansion chamber in the exhaust would make this big of a difference, yet none of the other exhaust manufacturers would have thought to add this. If you look at the Coober and Athena ECUs, they make pretty good gains with stock intake and exhausts.

Pes0001

Country flag
The AFR curve is pretty interessting, are they running lean from 5k to 7k RPM?
Can you give us some more details about what parts you have on your comparison bike?

It looks like adjusting the cam timing via the cam gears is allowed in the rules. I'm wondering if there is some dark magic going on here with overlap on the valves?

What is the approximate AF ratio at 6000rpm of wss bike and yours
Looking forward to hearing more.

todayis1984

Does it have the same gauge cluster/tachometer as ours or this one ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190208-032435_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-032435_Samsung Internet.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20190208-060929_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-060929_Samsung Internet.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 60
  • maxresdefault-1.jpg
    maxresdefault-1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 59

todayis1984

Oh hey thanks for that earlier reply, I'm new here and for some reason I'm not getting email alerts for that thread I started, only for the threads I've actually "followed".

So That article I linked to that showed that gauge with the tach in that stay was wrong I take it, figures they were the only place showing that as a KTM SSP300 kit, I wonder how hard it would be to get that setup running in one of our street bikes ?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Koso gauges are not too difficult you just need a wiring breakdown of what the stock cluster does and then get to work making them work together.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Finally got around to testing the amazingly beautiful Akrapovic system against a Yosh RS-9 and Tyga header. Reaffirms the fact that NO ONE beats Akrapovic for power EVER, you get what you pay for with them.