RC8R Shock on RC390

Fasteddy

Country flag
Ok, starting thread "AGAIN" about RC8R shock on 390. I had this all written up with all the data this morning and went to add photos which locked up browser and apparently because it is a new thread no auto save so here is the short version.

It will fit. It is 10mm shorter, does not have as drastic an effect as I would have thought. It will need higher rate spring looks like a 990 SD will fit with similar to stock characteristics or just the stock.

20160306_111654.jpg20160306_111630.jpg20160306_111623.jpg20160305_180101.jpg20160305_184156.jpg20160305_184330.jpg20160305_184502.jpg20160305_162612.jpg20160305_175227.jpg

psych0hans

Country flag
I'm still trying to get my R1 shock to fit. It's currently fouling with the exhaust, so It's not possible to slot it into place. I'm thinking maybe if I remove the spring, I might be able to slot it in the upper mount and then fit the spring while it's on the bike. Else I'll have the SVC drop the exhaust and fit the exhaust after that. I know there is space for it, it just needs to clear the exhaust to be slotted into place. Also, it can't be mounted upside down because the upper mount is too wide for the lower mounting point. I'm sure it will be the same with the RC8 shock as they seem to be of a similar design.

psych0hans

Country flag
I have rated humble pie and an ordering a low mileage R6 Shock. There is no way the R1 Shock would fit without extensive surgery, trickery... Lol

Fasteddy

Country flag
Eddy that looks really clean in there. Looking forward to hearing how it rides. :) Nice work! :)

Thanks,
It is going to have to at least have to have the OEM spring swapped onto it because it is pretty much a pogo stick with the RC8 spring! I picked up some washers to shim it into place yesterday but won't be able to get back to it until next week. I will try to put the detailed info back together that got lost. I also am finished with the full EU spec turn indicators.

BTW, do not start a new thread and try to finish it the next day after the security token expires as that is what I traced the browser crash to...

Fasteddy

Country flag
Unfortunately not yet, It is on hold while the Werkes exhaust has been sent back to be ceramic coated and hopefully other modifications. As the RC8 shock will not fit with the boat anchor back in place it is on hold until later this summer.