rear camera mount

John390

ok, before you flame on, I know this isn't a fancy car, but a simple bike. Hear me out.

The mirrors are only ok, and the actual rear view is almost non existant.

Today I put in a rear view camera on a customers car. it was cheap so its always on. IE, not just in reverse.

The monitor was quite small. Easily smaller than any current smart phone.

My thought is, something like this, that could be mounted in front of the triple clamp, to either side of the instrument. or maybe center mounted on the windscreen. We all know we aren't looking thru that anyways.

With the correct lense angle, a small camera and a quality camera/monitor, one would have correct rear views, just like in a car with a good rear view mirror.

I am constantly having to lift my left arm to look behind me, or fully look way over my shoulder. yes this is good practice, but it also takes 2-3 seconds. In the real world, 2-3 seconds is an eternity for some numbskull to do something assinine in front of you.

I'd rather glance at my rear view monitor for half a second or less rather than what I am doing now.

Falkon45

Country flag
I like the idea. As long as the vibrations some make the camera rattle around so much that the screen is just a fuzzy blur of colors. And, Chinese systems are pretty cheap, and usually come in a two pack (front and rear cameras). Give it a shot.