Rear shock is crap

mr-fabricator

Hey guzz , the cup bike may be a archive / promo pic , i would bet if u looked at the bikes on the start grid you would see the front fork tubes in many different positions to suite each rider .

Im the same as u where i like to feel the bike planted at the front . My riding position and bike set up throws a lot of weight over the front anyway so thats probably why i needed to raise the front , if we both positioned ourselves on the same bike the front and rear would probably weigh different . Then factor in set up of our different bikes and the figure would be different again . I realy am on top of my bars as everyone comments on how agressivly i push and work the front . If i didnt raise the bike at the front id have no weight on the back and be all over the place .

So many variables between riders and bike use . By contrast my road bike is shockingly firm but i like it that way . I would never ride my road bike on the track with its current settings .

Regatds lee

guzz46

I was talking more along the lines of how the cup bike comes from the factory, I agree that people have different riding styles and different setups, I wasn't knocking your setup or anything, raising the front end just seemed a bit unusual to me, but if it works for you that's all that matters.

mr-fabricator

To throw another variable in i just thought tires !!

Stock metzeler like we get in oz i would weight the front more and have the forks near standard but id be way off the pace .

Currently running Dunlop A13's. Switching to UBO2 next or pirelli .

Now im questioning my own set up . Ha ha ..

Regards lee

guzz46

I've got the A13's too, and I really like them, I just recently dropped them to 25psi front and rear, and they feel even better, I don't know if we have UB02's in NZ, but from what I've seen they don't appear to come in a 140/70.

mr-fabricator

I was trying as low as 1.5 bar rear 21.5psi and 1.7 front 24.5 , felt good upped to 1.7 rear 1.9 front 27.5 psi and still good , might drop the front to 26.5 as i did have a couple of front tucks last session , i can out them both down to rider error ( how i stayed in the saddle i dont know ) but think a lower preddure front will benefit . Ps theyre my 80oC off the warmers hot pressures .

If u can get A13s u shoukd be able to get UBO2's.

Proddy racing suplementrys for control tyres in MOMS are allowing the dunlop A13's front 110 and rear 140 only if u want a 150 rear it hasto be the UBO2 , however u cant run the OBO2 front .

in a word ....... retarded ! But they make the rules . U cant use a pirelli 150 rear also ???? Only the 140

lee

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Been following this thread for insight. Personally, I checked and played with my tire pressures before I even touched the preload. My tires were indeed OVER inflated. Front was @ 36psi COLD! Rear was 32psi. Until this thread I wasn't even aware the tiny tool kit contained a spanner. I assumed I would need to dig one out or buy one.

mr-fabricator

I believe stock pressures should be 29/29
If u want to go on a spirited street ride u can drop the rear to 27 but stock is fine as u will never get tyres upto hot track temps and see a 4psi rise .

Regards lee

dobr

I run 26 front and rear on the stock tires and it feels pretty good. Tires got plenty warm on cool mornings. The bike is so light you need lower pressures to allow the tires to warm properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezblast

Anyone know the middle of eye to middle of eye measurement for the rear shock? Does anyone know if any of the 43mm pieces for the other Dukes or RC bikes will fit to upgrade the front forks?
EZ

mr-fabricator

I did a rough measurement and yes it will go in even with the remote reservoir .

But by the time u pay for springs and valves u might aswell buy purpose built stuff for the 390

Regards lee