Rider size question

potshot

I've been intrigued by these bikes since they came out and there's a dealer ride opportunity coming up in a two weeks that's relatively close by, as well as a well provisioned dealer (NC shop, etc) about an hour or more south of me. If I can sell off one or two of my other bikes this winter (I'm Florida) I may be picking one up (used or new, not sure yet).

I'm 6', 215# and have sat on the RC390. The fit is good and while I fully expect to drop some pounds it may be a bit before I reach my target of 190.
Are any of you in this size bracket and tracking your bike? I'm not looking at being competitive with anyone but me, kind of like when I used to race Pro Solo II. It would be great to get some feedback from folks about my size or larger.

cornerslider

I run a 2016 RC390 on a pretty tight/technical track. The track surface is pretty rough, and could use some attention.... I'm 5'-7", and a bit over 200#. I did an Ohlins KT-303 (sprung for 200#), and Racetec 1.0 straight rate springs (sprung for 200#), and Amsoil "Medium weight" fork/suspension oil. Since the forks have no adjustability, I found it is a good starting point to set-up the rear to match the front.... I'm a LONG way from being a suspension "guru", but the Ohlins KT-303 set-up for 200# was pretty damn close right out of the box. I think I added a little preload, and a couple clicks up or down on the dampening/rebound, and I was good to go. Others about my size have ridden my bike, and said "leave it alone/ don't change a thing".....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
I'm 6 foot 1 and was 16½stone although I've dropped to 15½ at the moment. I was concerned about size but no problems, having a cracking laugh with the RC.

What I've found is shed some of the weight off the bike like pillion pegs, stock exhaust etc. That improved handling and then look at some suspension mods, I'm going Nitron rear and Andreani 105/KT2 on the front.

Also look at rear sets that tip you onto the front, I found with my weight it was towards the back making the front end skitish.

Also for flat out straights ride like Nicolas Bulega does in Moto3, you sit on the rear seat hump and put your elbows inside your knees!

potshot

Thanks Andy, this is good info.

If everything sorts out I should be on one in a few months.

I'm 6 foot 1 and was 16½stone although I've dropped to 15½ at the moment. I was concerned about size but no problems, having a cracking laugh with the RC.

What I've found is shed some of the weight off the bike like pillion pegs, stock exhaust etc. That improved handling and then look at some suspension mods, I'm going Nitron rear and Andreani 105/KT2 on the front.

Also look at rear sets that tip you onto the front, I found with my weight it was towards the back making the front end skitish.

Also for flat out straights ride like Nicolas Bulega does in Moto3, you sit on the rear seat hump and put your elbows inside your knees!

unicorn_violence

I've been intrigued by these bikes since they came out and there's a dealer ride opportunity coming up in a two weeks that's relatively close by, as well as a well provisioned dealer (NC shop, etc) about an hour or more south of me. If I can sell off one or two of my other bikes this winter (I'm Florida) I may be picking one up (used or new, not sure yet).

I'm 6', 215# and have sat on the RC390. The fit is good and while I fully expect to drop some pounds it may be a bit before I reach my target of 190.
Are any of you in this size bracket and tracking your bike? I'm not looking at being competitive with anyone but me, kind of like when I used to race Pro Solo II. It would be great to get some feedback from folks about my size or larger.

i'm 6ft 4 and 215 lbs. the bike's stock shocks wont work for anyone over 160. i did ride in on the track with the stock settings, but it still didn't feel planted. i would recommend you upgrade your shocks for sure.
i went with a ohlins shock setup for my weight, as well as springs and oil for the forks. since then, the bike feels much more planted now. also, i second the rear sets. another reason for them, is this bike tends to drag hard parts on the track, so aftermarket rear-sets can help alleviate that, along with changing ride height on the rear shock.