Trackdaybro47

Has anyone else noticed that the header on the ssp300 kit appears to go completely under the motor instead of along side like the stock system does. Any ideas on why this change over stock? Also do you guys think with a normal akra can and a custom pipe the same result would be possible?

green_bread

Country flag
I could think of a couple reasons:

- It could be to keep the total length of the exhaust to a certain measurement. I remember someone on this thread trying to build their own exhaust a while back and they were finding that the length of the exhaust needed to be very specific for the tune of the bike. Youd have to go searching through the older threads to get all of the details on that. There was a lot of info posted and its just too much to remember off the top of my head

- It could also be to make more room for the piggy back radiator. Those bikes have a second radiator that mounts up directly beneath the stock one. You can see what Im talking about here in the pic that Dustin Apgar posted of Sean Ungvarsky's KTM on Facebook:

36297851_10204726333555243_3670255510998745088_n.jpg

Trackdaybro47

I bet you’re complete right about making room for the 2nd radiator. Looks like it frees up a lot of room for that by just going straight down. I guess I’ll just have to wait till akra starts to sell them

Trackdaybro47

I don’t believe you can and that’s not a stock R btw. That’s a R with the full ssp300 kit installed. Stock R looks to have the same stock exhaust