Tires for track use

rick

Gracias! ...so, owner's manual is 29/29 IIRC, Motorcyclist ran 30/30 and you're recommending 28/28. Sounds like there's a pretty solid consensus between 28-30 psi. Nice. :)

tt2013

Has anyone heard of or used SAVA MC50 soft race tires? Can you please provide your feedback on these tires?

reenmachine

Country flag
I've got a set of 110/140 S20 EVOs sitting here. Couldn't pass them up at the price. I may put one more track day on the Rosso IIs first, but I also may succumb to the temptation to try them out!

Treachery

Country flag
I haven't tracked the bike yet, but would agree with psych0hans. The OE rim makes the contour of the 150 too steep. A 160 would be worse, probably slowing handling. I would also expect that the added weight would affect acceleration. Even though it'll look tiny, I'll probably look to a 140.

big_sur

SC's do seem to last a little longer but performance seems to be preference, though some complain about the a13 front and run a GPA-Pro up front with an a13 rear (what I currently have). I'm switching to Pirelli though just because of contingency. If you won every race and set every track record in our class, you could pull in over $1k from Pirelli. Dunlop would pay you $0.

After trying the Dunlops back-to-back with the Pirelli, no question, Pirelli grip>Dunlop.