Tyga exhaust and header

simpletty

Country flag
I am selling my tyga moto maggot undertail exhaust and header. Exhaust is one and a half race seasons old. Absolutely no marks on the cans or exhaust. Paid 900 looking for 650 usd plus shipping. Contact me if you want photos

Tom

Good price. It should be noted that with the Tyga header, this exhaust is compatible with all generations of the RC390.

FDRider

Country flag
Will that fit a 2017? Not sure what the difference is between that and the 2015-2016 and the 2017-2018 but know it’s a different number on Tyga’s website.

Tom

The difference is in the pre '17 bikes not needing the header. The factory header is different between the two generations. The Tyga unit will fit both generations, and add more power due to a less restrictive flow. Thus, with the Tyga header, you can fit pre '17 exhausts on a '17+ bike, and make more power than if you kept the '17 factory header on an aftermarket exhaust that fits only '17+ bikes.

The jist of it is, with the Tyga header on a '17+ bike using an exhaust that was meant for pre '17 bikes you will make the most power.

Last edited:

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
All the 'performance' data I find on these systems compares stock setup to the pipe WITH aftermarket tuning. I am very keen to know how these pipes (and in particular the setup advertised here) perform in an otherwise stock machine.

Oh, also, does this particular offer include EVERYTHING that one wold receive if buying the items new from Tyga? I don't like being surprised to find fasteners, springs, gaskets, or washers missing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

simpletty

Country flag
this will have ever bolt, spring, nut and even some extras that did not come with the tyga kit to mount the exhaust can brackets to where the passenger foot pegs were at one time. No surprises when you open the box, currently it is still mounted on the frame, the engine is out at the moment getting some freshening up. The reality of the situation of adding aftermarket pipes and exhaust to this machine kind of dictates proper tuning be done since you have no idea where your afr is going to go. last thing you need is a lean running machine and start to melt parts.

CDN Duke

Country flag
As simpletty states, you actually should not be running any aftermarket intake or exhaust modifications on these bikes given how lean they run out of the box. That's probably the primary reason you don't see any dyno charts without tuning.

It's going to flow a lot better than stock without a cat as well as the improved header. You'll need more fuel to compensate.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
My question about the performance gains is really aimed at trying to distinguish the true source of the gains when two things are changed at once. How much of the gain is the pipe and how much the tune? I ask these not to be argumentative; I'm honestly curious about how things work in depth.

I presently have an Akrapovic race exhaust installed. The bike came to me that way (trade-in wit 500 miles bought from the original selling dealership), so I presume it has the Akra tune? I can see that it has the stock header.

Any thought on how that Akrapovic tune might do with Simpletty's full Tyga setup? I do understand very well that the best approach is to tune the bike specifically for the installed equipment. Would I be a fool to install the Tyga exhaust and not immediately also install a PC-V with an appropriate tune?

Oh, and as long as I'm being a pest with questions: @Simpletty why are you selling this exhaust?

Thanks all for the patient help and info. And thanks Lonny for the super-responsiveness to my PMs.

simpletty

Country flag
selling it to go to the full wss kit that just came out. I had the akra pipe and tune and this setup outperformed it "IMHO". I would get the proper tuning right off so you can maximize gains straight away and not risk any issues

CDN Duke

Country flag
My question about the performance gains is really aimed at trying to distinguish the true source of the gains when two things are changed at once. How much of the gain is the pipe and how much the tune? I ask these not to be argumentative; I'm honestly curious about how things work in depth.

I presently have an Akrapovic race exhaust installed. The bike came to me that way (trade-in wit 500 miles bought from the original selling dealership), so I presume it has the Akra tune? I can see that it has the stock header.

Any thought on how that Akrapovic tune might do with Simpletty's full Tyga setup? I do understand very well that the best approach is to tune the bike specifically for the installed equipment. Would I be a fool to install the Tyga exhaust and not immediately also install a PC-V with an appropriate tune?

Oh, and as long as I'm being a pest with questions: @Simpletty why are you selling this exhaust?

Thanks all for the patient help and info. And thanks Lonny for the super-responsiveness to my PMs.

Akra race pipe, no pre-silencer/catalytic? There are two versions... Presumably you have the Akra flash on the ECU, but you should ask the dealer to confirm.

I had Akra flash applied to my bike on delivery but only had stock exhaust. I got a PCV from Chad after that and the fueling/performance is night and day different. I wouldn't rely solely on the Akra flashed ECU - you get a lot more performance and safer power out of an aftermarket tune from a reputable tuner.

I thought the WSS wasn't for sale to the general public?

He's getting the new Tyga replica. :cool:

exps011203n.JPG

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
This is now sold
Thanks to simpletty for a completely smooth, fast, and friendly international transaction. He couldn't have been more helpful or more consciencious. If only all P2P sales went this way.
Five stars and three thumbs up! :)