Under belly exhaust on 17/18 RC?

Old3

Country flag
I would like to know if the new exhaust is (basically) just an added on extra muffler to a different (but effectively the same) 15/16 style muffler behind the engine. If not, has anyone fitted the new gen header and muffler to eliminate the side can? The sleek underbelly exhaust was one of my fav features of my 2015.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 249

KVA.36

I have a 2017, and I am in the same boat as you, I love that look. From what I have found on this site, with great help form other members, is to get the tyga header for the 15-16 model and then you can run that style exhaust from there back. My intentions were to get that header and the CompWerkes exhaust to accomplish that look. then compliment it with the Tyga Cup Belly Pan

Old3

Country flag
I was quite happy with a tune, slightly opened air filter cover and the stock muffler on that bike. Kinda thinking the side can is kinda tacked onto a slightly different chambered muffler as it is said to be super quiet system now. Hmmm. The stock can by my estimation from "390 quiet core removal" vids is just a straight thru can with maybe a perforated core pipe and glass packing?

Thanks, hopefully more opinions to come and apprecated. I saw a vid from overseas of a muffler delete, hard to tell on video but it was louder than with the side muffler of course.

Old3

Country flag
More video searching shows they obviously changed the exhaust "jug" on the new gen bikes as it is deafening without the exit side muffler.

So new header plus take off 15/16 muffer. Im not into loud so question answered. Thanks KVA!

Tom

I think the problem with running your exhaust in the factory location is that a lot of heat can soak into your rear shock. Also, with such a short exhaust track, there really isn't much you can gain due to volume liimitations.

Old3

Country flag
I think the problem with running your exhaust in the factory location is that a lot of heat can soak into your rear shock. Also, with such a short exhaust track, there really isn't much you can gain due to volume liimitations.

For my needs Im not looking for max power, (or noise) just good smooth fueling. The heat thing, well Id think the stock 17 exhaust is just as bad if not worse than the 15/16? Its a huge heat sink but I get the message.

Are there big differences in dyno tests of both styles of stock systems? With a Chad tune in my 15 I had no real complaints considering it was a single.

Conissah

I hated the side mounted exhaust, plus I thought it sounded like a scooter. Bought this cheapo exhaust tip at AutoZone, cut notches in it and bent it over the cat, then hose clamped it and painted it black. I love it. Might be too loud (or ghetto) for some of you, but like I said I love it.

IMG_20181005_222753.jpg