Who all is still racing 2015's?

mdabyo

Country flag
I have been racing this thing for 3 years now and i find i am just getting slower, mainly due to lack of confidence in the damn thing. I feel like every weekend i am hunting for some random issue. Last round all seemed good until 1/2 way though morning practice the bike just lost power and died. I think it went into limp mode from overheating maybe? or I blew a head gasket. but i shut it off and it started right back up fine and seemed good. so just confuses the hell out of me.

I am getting awfully close to just selling this bike and getting and R3 so i can just turn laps and have fun without all the bloody stress.

=maz=

Country flag
Both of ours are still racing and they are definitely competitive...we've concentrated more on the historic racing this season though.

Kinetic Analysis

Country flag
See my post about the 2nd radiator. Game changing difference in how hot the motor runs. The R3 has less issues, but they still die. I think the only way to have a solid small motor race bike is to regularly replace the motor. You got 3 seasons. I got 1.5. I've been told:

1. Change oil every weekend
2. Adjust valves every 6 weekends

I do the clutch plates every 6 weekends or so

I'm building a spare motor and my plan will be to swap them for a full tear down every other season. So each motor gets a complete inspection every 2 years.

If you want to stop the insanity you need to jump up to a 600. Then you can probably go 5 seasons without doing much of anything and then sell it and get a new one.

Andy

Country flag
Samco hoses, good quality coolant, high pressure cap and removing that rubber shroud has worked wonders on mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk