2017 RC390 exhaust hanger mounting points options

rc390cr

Country flag
Hey guys,

As the title states, I'm looking for your opinions and inputs in terms of if there are any other mounting points or supports that can be used for the exhaust hanger?

I'm looking to take off my bike the pillion foot pegs... but I don't want to use those same bolts to put the hanger... Aftermarket hangers all use those same holes to mount them, but I want to see that area completely clear and was wondering if anybody has any idea of any other more "descrete" point I can stick the hanger to?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and inputs!!

Regards,

Luis

John390

I made a single hangar out of some 1/8th aluminum plate about an inch wide.

Fitted it to the shape of the factory muffler bracket, shaped it with a slight "S" shape and drilled 1 hole on top and 2 holes on the bottom.

Found 6 matching black bolts to fit all the holes.

Painted it back and put a subtle Brembo sticker on it.

It weighs in at an ounce or so and the two brackets I took off were two pounds.

Got about 100km on it with zero problems

rc390cr

Country flag
Ditch the pillion pegs and use the mounts there. Isit a high or low-level pipe?

That's precisely what I don't want to do... For instance, you could get the R&G hanger (pic below), but I don't want to use the pillion pegs mounts...

Image_7614.jpg

That's why I'm asking if somebody has any other suggestion or idea?

John390

mine is similar to that RG one, but only one piece. Its 2 holes on the stock muffler bracket. Been great for a week or so

John390

hmm, that works too. I didn't want to make any changes to the actual bike. mine is done so it can be put back with no issues whatsoever.

This one is very clean tho

rc390cr

Country flag
Hey guys,

I created my own hanger, but I don't know if the mounting point of it will have any negative impact on my exhaust.. it's basically a piece of metal using the same bolt the axle slider uses...

Check it out and let me know your thoughts...

4178765e38f9d450067af290e31f1b14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Banned

Country flag
You can't attach the exhaust to the swingarm. Once the swingarm moves it will bend the exhaust. You'll have to come up with a different solution. Use the footrest bracket until you do.

rc390cr

Country flag
You can't attach the exhaust to the swingarm. Once the swingarm moves it will bend the exhaust. You'll have to come up with a different solution. Use the footrest bracket until you do.
Damn... I was so happy with the visual result.. I don't want to see anything hanging... any suggestion?

John390

I agree, I don't want anything there either, but mounting it to the swing arm is not going to work.

Besides a thin single mount like mine, the only thing I can see working is that other one posted where it goes to the heel part of the rearset.

That or delete the muffler and just put a short curved pipe off the stock resonator. It won't weigh anything so the vband clamp will hold it securely enough I'd say. Probably way too loud. Thats why I haven't done that. I may do the short bracket to the heel part however. One hole won't kill me

rc390cr

Country flag
Guys,

Went to this website: https://mnnthbx.com

They have a pic of an RC390 on their website with exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't think they sell it..

Any idea where can I get that? Take a look at the pic...
65cf6572dab45c6bb8f3a290470ddda9.jpg

Last edited:

Mirius

Country flag
Husky use a mount off the rear set for the exhaust mount on the 401s. I doubt it will fit the KTM as the foot pegs are different but it should be possible to copy the idea.

rc390cr

Country flag
Since I was unable to find an aftermarket part, I decided to build it myself...

Maybe not a piece of art, but it think it looks good and does the job...

What do you guys think?
14fbd8fac9f764d8886fdcf575ecd667.jpg
52a8791c1e075a5c0bc3e00fd11c64a5.jpg
38ced0d77737658f27b2cfded7daaded.jpg

c490ec328573e9cd085e5e86e6adcabd.jpg

Last edited: