Chain adjuster lock bolt?

Kootenanny

Just got my new RC yesterday--and it didn't come with an owner's manual (dealer has one on order for me).

Going over the bike last night, I noticed some threaded holes in the rear swingarm; two of them are directly above the chain tensioner slides, and look like they might be for a lock bolt for the tensioners. Am I missing some lock bolts?

yourlastvisit

Just got my new RC yesterday--and it didn't come with an owner's manual (dealer has one on order for me).

Going over the bike last night, I noticed some threaded holes in the rear swingarm; two of them are directly above the chain tensioner slides, and look like they might be for a lock bolt for the tensioners. Am I missing some lock bolts?

That is where you screw in the swingarm spools, just in case you might happen to use a paddock stand in your garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kootenanny

That is where you screw in the swingarm spools, just in case you might happen to use a paddock stand in your garage.

Thanks, but I was wondering about the threaded holes in the top of the swingarm, not in the sides (unless some spools have a bracket that attaches on top?

yourlastvisit

Thanks, but I was wondering about the threaded holes in the top of the swingarm, not in the sides (unless some spools have a bracket that attaches on top?

Aha, my bad, actually on my duke 390 those are the places where the screws for the mudguard go in. Since the Duke and RC share a lot of cycle parts, hence it is likely to be of the same use. I don't know about the European bound RCs but the India bound RCs also get a mudguard like the Duke 390.