Clip ons / triple clamps ?

Dannycgfy

Is there an aftermarket top triple clamp available anywhere ? Looking to replace it so it will not interfere with aftermarket clip ons. I'd rather not grind the stock ones down

I use Gilles tooling Gp Light Clip-On / Clipon Handlebars 51mm
It has 20mm extension with the optional Bar Ends
Triple clamps are used in cut off of standard handle004 (2).jpg061.jpg003.jpg

Dannycgfy

Yeah the clip ons are the easy part, any 51mm clip ons will work.

Great work, looks good can't wait to get mine sorted out. I just really don't want to cut my stock clamps just yet

xplodee

I use Gilles tooling Gp Light Clip-On / Clipon Handlebars 51mm
It has 20mm extension with the optional Bar Ends
Triple clamps are used in cut off of standard handleView attachment 520

Hey!
Since you/ve done this awesome DIY kind of mod, Could you please tell me exactly what material is this stock clamp is exactly ?

I'm in mood for panting the stock one orange permanently. Do you have any idea what kind of paint would stick for a long time / permanently ?

stevieboy

Country flag
I did the same mod to mine but with Driven bars. The triple clamp is aluminum and I used automotive spray for paint.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We stock the Drivens, and move a lot of them. Cheap they're not, but being in the machining game, I understand why. They're FANTASTIC units....

Ryanthegreat1

I too am running the stock clamp cut down.

Using Renthal clipons.

I do have to say the front brake master cylinder hits the triple clamp limiting how narrow I can make the clipons. The reservoir is just in the wrong spot.

I too am running the stock clamp cut down.

Using Renthal clipons.

I do have to say the front brake master cylinder hits the triple clamp limiting how narrow I can make the clipons. The reservoir is just in the wrong spot.
hello

if you grind the standard triple clamp, where the original bar was mounted, would it still interfere?

SCMike

FYI, the GPR V4 steering damper mount for the RC390 does not fit the Driven top triple. Trying to work a fix with GPR & Driven.