Distilled Water

Michelle

I can not understand why its so hard to get hold of now ,, I have been everywhere for it ,, Wicks ,, B&Q ,, supermarkets....
Nothing so I have had to order it from the bay...
I can get De-ionised water ,, man in the shop said its the same thing ,, I said its not...

I was rather hoping to do my radiator flush and fan this weekend ,, will have to wait now till next weekend :rolleyes:

yourlastvisit

I can not understand why its so hard to get hold of now ,, I have been everywhere for it ,, Wicks ,, B&Q ,, supermarkets....
Nothing so I have had to order it from the bay...
I can get De-ionised water ,, man in the shop said its the same thing ,, I said its not...

I was rather hoping to do my radiator flush and fan this weekend ,, will have to wait now till next weekend :rolleyes:

I didn't know that getting hold of distilled water can be such a PITA[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isaac_

I think I've run polar spring water in my bikes before [emoji23] I think if you're just flushing it won't make a bit of difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelle

I did think about putting spring water in ,, we only ever drink Evian and we use it for cooking our veg in as well...
But the kettle still scales up even with spring water..

Anyway it will be here Tuesday :))))))

kaede

I'm not so sure about down south (in the US), but here in Canada distilled water can always be found in the pharmacy sections of super markets and or directly at the pharmacy themselves. (i suppose distilled water is used for medical reasons for cleaning/washing etc.) Check out your local pharmacy or pharmacy departments! They usually sell in 1 Gallon (4L) Jugs here in Canada.

uberRC

Michelle, you can also source the coolant pre-mixed so you don't have to worry about whether you've got the "correct" water.

I changed the coolant in our bike a month ago and purchased the correct spec coolant, premixed, on Amazon.

Michelle

Hi uberRC

Silly question ,, what is it pre-mixed with ? ( water ) ....... My water came yesterday 5.5 liters of distilled :) .... I was thinking about changing it this afternoon when I get back from work ,, but its going to be very hot today so I will probably change it and do the fan Saturday morning when its cool...

Have a great day everyone :cool:......

Kootenanny

Hi uberRC

Silly question ,, what is it pre-mixed with ? ( water ) ....
Yes, it's just coolant (ethylene glycol or whatever they're using) mixed with water. The big advantage is that the proportion is correct (usually 50/50). Very handy, especially when you're dealing with small amounts.

uberRC

Michelle, as Koot states, it's already prepared with the correct water, 50/50. You just pour it into the vehicle and you're done. No guessing about which water is the correct water.

Michelle

Hi Kootenanny ,uberRC ,, I already bought my coolant a few weeks ago Engine Ice ,, but from what I have read it has to be well flushed out the old coolant cos EI it does not go with some coolants for some reason..
So I am doing 3 flushes ,, leaving the last flush in for 40 or 50 mile ride ,, then I will drain and put my new coolant in...
I did read about some coolants that are 50/50 but I got my EI a few weeks ago so I might as well use that..

Looking forward to changing it and putting my new fan on ,, since I have installed my new fueling unit it runs one bar less anyway ,, unless I do a long trip then it will go to 8 bars....
I am starting to enjoy my bike now ,, I gave it some beans last night ,, its more powerful than you think ,, I got up to 110 and it still had more to give but that was enough...
Don,t want to knacker my nice little bike :D

Kootenanny

No worries. I looked it up, Engine Ice is a proprietary coolant based on propylene glycol which, among other things, is not so dangerous to small animals.

green_bread

Country flag
I got up to 110 and it still had more to give but that was enough...Don,t want to knacker my nice little bike :D
110 KPH or MPH (assuming KPH because of use of the word "knacker".. haha)? If it was MPH, you only had 1 more MPH to go until you hit the rev limiter in 6th. Haha! And dont worry about knackering the bike. It can handle it. :-D

Michelle

That is Mph , what just 1 more Mph thats it :rolleyes:... Well we will see about that Mr green_bread lol :p ,,, I am making a few mods of my own... I got a new air box yesterday ,, took my grinder to it and cut most of the box away...
I have just left the tube really that goes into the back of the injector body ,, so I am putting a round chrome K&N filter on it ,, and the little pipes coming out the engine I am putting some mini filters on them..
It will look cool when I finish...

green_bread

Country flag
Trust me, 111 on the gauge is the top speed of these bikes if youre on stock gearing and dont have a PCV or ECU flash to extend the rev's.

You should talk with Chad (user cjwells) before you go modifying your intake like that. Most likely, those mods will have a negative effect on the power of the bike. Just like the exhaust, its going to be tough to improve on the stock intake design. There have been a couple mods done to intakes (like removing the airbox lid, for example) that have netted some power gains, but completely changing the dynamics of the airflow like youre talking about... Id be surprised if you saw any positive results from that. If youre only worried about the look and not the function or amount of power youre putting down, go right ahead. Just be aware that you will also be changing air/fuel ratios and will probably need something to adjust for it.

Not trying to knock your ideas or shoot them down.. just trying to help. :)

Michelle

I am not in the USA ,, UK me and I have got a Rapid Bike Racing unit ,, its self learning so adjust itself..... I am going to get the bike tuned up shortly ,, even though I have got a fueling unit on I still think it needs a tune and the ecu flashed..
I am not going to be doing any mods till its been done and even then I may not ,, I just like to tinker around the bike..