Evan Canister delete with Rottweiler dongle

A0AM

Country flag
Evap Canister delete with Rottweiler dongle

Hey all,

I want to remove my evap canister and solenoid without getting any error codes (I’ve got a 2018 so I can’t get the Akra map). I’ve read a few threads on adding a resistor. But, I’ve used the Rottweiler single on my Superduke and am happy with it.

Do any of you have experience with their dongle for the RC390? If so, does it work as intended?

Thanks!

Last edited:

A0AM

Country flag
Cool. Let me know. I’ll do the same if I get mine together first. Lots of parts going on it soon.

Tom

I have one. It works great and clears up a lot of room around the wiring in that area.

ia02

Country flag
Why not just leave the vent valve solenoid attached? It’s not all that much bigger/heavier than the dongle and it’s free....

A0AM

Country flag
Why not just leave the vent valve solenoid attached? It’s not all that much bigger/heavier than the dongle and it’s free....

Fair question. My response is similar to Tom’s. This will be a track bike that I’ll swap to street use on occasion and will also be doing my own maintenance. So the cleaner/simpler it becomes - the better/easier for me.

ia02

Country flag
Totally fair answer. I can’t imagine any commercial product designed for this application not working as we know a $0.10 resistor does the job. It’s a simple deal.

Ride on!

Fair question. My response is similar to Tom’s. This will be a track bike that I’ll swap to street use on occasion and will also be doing my own maintenance. So the cleaner/simpler it becomes - the better/easier for me.

Vitboy

Country flag
Sorry for my noob question but what's the purpose of removing the canister ? Is it for the weight or is it better for the engine ?

Could you tell me barely how much it weight ?

Sorry for my noob question but what's the purpose of removing the canister ? Is it for the weight or is it better for the engine ?

Could you tell me barely how much it weight ?

Its for emission requirements. Its quite a bit of clutter removed from the left side of the bike. Not too much weight, maybe 190 grams. Mainly clutter.

Plug vacuum line going into throttle body, then route the two drain hoses (coolant, fuel tank) down.

Tom

For me it was actually interfering with the factory 02 connector for my WBC2. I decided to use the o2 bung on the yoshi dual exhaust to house it, but the evap valve and all the tubes were stretching the wiring too much. Now I dont have to route the wires around any of it, so I'm not worried about stretching the connection too much. Also yes, it's just easier to access that area of the bike without having all the clutter along with an evap canister holding on to the side fairing.

I also eliminated a vacuum leak in the process. Charcoal canisters have also been known to fill with gasoline on motorcycles.