First changes?

VAG944

My very first change will be the lower part of the clear windscreen, either with vinyl wrap or paint or stickers...........just looks cheap and unfinished to me. Then the solo seat, the factory seat setup looks good but I'm guessing it's heavy and I'm not going to ever have a passenger.

Last edited:

Mbene

That would look nice. The bike is already pretty light, I wonder how much lighter a new tail section will make it?

Snoopy

I am currently driving a Duke 390 (8000km). Gonna buy a RC 390 but as it is getting winter
over here I am still considering buying is after the winter.

The RC 390 is 8 kg heavier then the Duke 390. First thing I am gonna do is try to chop of some weight.
Z45 rear sprocket goes to 43. Replace front pads with sintered EBC. Replace front fork with adjustable WP.
I guess Tyga will make a carbon fairing sooner or later. What I really hope is that Akra is going to make
a double exhaust systems like on the Moto3 factory KTM's.

I would really want to create some kind of Moto3 Red Bull replica

ktm-moto3-1422.jpg

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
I'm hoping that the "cup" or "race" version will be available with the Akra, adjustable suspension, and bigger front brake. As to what I'd do myself...agreed on the solo tail and cowl, with passenger peg delete. As to functional, assuming that better pads are readily available, I'd do that too.

guzz46

R&G tail tidy for me, removal of the rear foot pegs, and some stickier tyres with a 140/70/17 rear, and some better brake pads if needed.

guzz46

Yes, I've already brought one on ebay, I don't know which will turn up first, the bike or the tail tidy, I think it looks really good, except for the exposed wires underneath, I don't know if it will be noticeable or not.

Attachments

• img1948.jpg
    img1948.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 548
  • img1948_2.jpg
    img1948_2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,107

Treachery

Country flag
Oh, I do​ like that! First farkle alert! Can you post up a part number or a link to the auction? I don't find one at first look.

Treachery

Country flag
guzz- you gotta not be in the US. Evotech-USA doesn't list it yet, and the auction sez they won't ship here. All in due time.

guzz46

Yea I'm in New Zealand, I didn't realize they don't ship to the states, you could try a re-shipper if you're desperate.

Treachery

Country flag
The US vendor for R&G has a much higher dual sport/ADV market than street, but with some encouragement, they'll get 'em. Looks like around $100US.

VAG944

Okay, looks like tail tidy or factory license plate will bolt in the same location............but where to mount the brake lights?!??!?! :p

Attachments

• FP4F7182.jpg
    FP4F7182.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,855

KennyFish

There has to be some state side aftermarket showing up soon, I've been watching KTM's website for Power Parts but nothing for the RC yet.

morssolis

So it looks like you could run a fender eliminator with the solo seat? You could just use one of the universal led brake lights that bolt to the bottom 2 plate holes.