Interested in possible stunt usage

I'm wanting to possibly do some stunt practice on my rc but can't seem to find anything in the forum regarding parts or talk other then track use. I just wanted to start a discussion on the topic

Chuditch

There is a Polish stunt team who ride KTM on youtube. They feature RCs and Dukes. They do a 'drift challenge' between a gixxer 1000 and RC390 which is pretty entertaining. Lots of powersliding, endos and hectic skids.

They feature 'setup' videos which are mainly spruiking ktm power parts but you can see what find of rear barwork and and other stuff they use.

Last edited:
Are many of the Duke and rc parts compatible with each other? Like hey this fits the same year and size Duke so it can be placed on the rc?

Andy

Country flag
Are many of the Duke and rc parts compatible with each other? Like hey this fits the same year and size Duke so it can be placed on the rc?

Lots of compatible parts, some parts will fit but may not work in same way (thinking top yoke and steering lock). Also parts across the ranges 125 -- 390 although the older non-ABS variants cause issues. Take rear wheels and there are two types.

green_bread

Country flag
I think the real big difference between the Duke and the RC, especially for stunting, is that the Duke has a removable/replaceable subframe where the RC's frame is all one piece. Most of the subcages that you can buy that are worth a damn will be adjustable, so that might not be too much of an issue, but definitely something to consider. I cant think of too much else that would be different and hasnt already been mentioned that would make too much of a difference. Most parts should be interchangeable with the exception of a few specific pieces.