RobbiRob76

The fiberglass and Carbon Fiber seat cowls are already for sale on their Thailand site. Pricing is also mentioned.

Like I said on other thread... I would rather wait until they are available through US distribution. I sold my small business in 2013, and would prefer to support US Distributor / small business. Put me down for Carbon Fiber tail piece available in picture when they arrive.
Robbi

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
When will the exhausts be up on the website?

They exhausts are up on the Formula390 website now! :)
Formula390 - Parts

I was waiting to list them for purchase until the shipment from Thailand arrived... and it finally did late this evening!!! Initial quantities of the exhaust systems are low, as production is still ramping up but we've got 6 of the Oval/Carbon systems on hand, and 2 of the Maggots. The March shipment will have more, but we didn't want to delay shipment any longer! So now we some of the parts here in the US for y'all.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Like I said on other thread... I would rather wait until they are available through US distribution. I sold my small business in 2013, and would prefer to support US Distributor / small business. Put me down for Carbon Fiber tail piece available in picture when they arrive.

The wait is over... The new parts are FINALLY here!
Formula390 - Parts

Initial quantities are also limited. Just 2 of the Carbon pieces, and 1 of the Fiberglass, but we DO have them on hand... finally. Tyga is producing them at a rate of 1 a day, but production is up and running on these parts. Our next shipment will have much larger quantities but again, it seemed better to get a small number of them on hand sooner than wait (and wait, and wait) for the full shipment to go out.

On yer marks.... set.... GO! LOL

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Wonder if there will be a top fairing/nose section with light cut outs at some point?
It's in the plans, but not done yet. There's some changes being made but it should be available soon... Maybe another month.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I am also waiting for the race tail with tail light provisions.

Should be soon. With production runs with the new parts, they can generally make 1 carbon fiber part a day, or 2 fiberglass. The mold for the part is the same for either, but the carbon fiber pieces need to cure longer before they can be released from the mold... thus why the 2 fiberglass pieces vs the 1 carbon fiber. When the parts are first released then, there's a delay between when the mold is finalized, and production starts, and when there's sufficient quantity to fill orders with. The GP tail with light cutouts production started last week, and the Formula390 stock supply order is in for them. The delay can be agonizingly long between when I get the 'OK, production has started" and I put my order in for the stock quantity, and when the parts can ship. Weeks to make the parts. WEEKS I say!!!! Aughhhhh! LOL The GP Tail w/Lights should be here by the end of May I'm guessing. Maybe a week sooner. I might be able to slip a few in with my May supply order (as I did with my April order with the Passenger Seat Replacement Tail, where I was able to get a few parts shipped early... Shipping the monthly inventory over is quite expensive, so I try and get as much in each shipment as possible, but that has to be balanced against the "hold the shipment until XXXX is ready" where then the shipment can end up delayed longer, and longer, and longer... eventually I've just gotta bite the bullet and hit the "Ship what's ready now." button... but that means possibly ending up selling out of something, and then having backordered parts. Something that makes me even more crazy than y'all who are buying them. Believe me! LOL So with the GP w/Lights tail, we are holding off on the full blown "It's ready, order now!" announcement until such time as I have them in hand. Hopefully that all makes sense to ya'll. :)

Just got the Tyga rear carbon passenger seat replacement - 100 % perfect - Although I did purchase from Tyga direct mainly due to shipping cost to Australia - But I do highly rec anyone in the USA to purchase from Formula 390 - this is a work of art

Csorin

Nice! I'll be in for the fiberglass race tail with provisions for the tail light.

Any dyno report on the exhaust with a PCV and intake? I saw they gained almost 8hp in the midrange with the mivv exhaust. That's a significant gain. I would prefer this high exhaust for ground clearance.

On an unrelated note, do you have a kickstand delete package? I got the tyga rearsets street version but would like to be able to pull the kickstand for races.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Nice! I'll be in for the fiberglass race tail with provisions for the tail light.

Any dyno report on the exhaust with a PCV and intake? I saw they gained almost 8hp in the midrange with the mivv exhaust. That's a significant gain. I would prefer this high exhaust for ground clearance.

On an unrelated note, do you have a kickstand delete package? I got the tyga rearsets street version but would like to be able to pull the kickstand for races.

The midrange bump is all airbox modifications. Every bike can get that regardless of exhaust. You need a PCv to not melt a piston from it tho. :)

HP wise it's matching the Akrapovic it looks like. We still need to get some final numbers after I get an exhaust in the hands of Chad at Commonwealth. Preliminary tuning tho has matched or beat all other exhausts tho. You can see the dyno chart from the Tyga announcement on their website.

For the kickstand, you need only pull the two bolts that it attaches to the frame with. It's simple to pull the kickstand and out it back on.

robenever

i've been looking at your site and been wondering if the side cowlings part A can fit on the stock part B that are already on the bike?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
i've been looking at your site and been wondering if the side cowlings part A can fit on the stock part B that are already on the bike?

The side panel pieces are not compatible with the OEM panels. You have to use stock, or both A and B Tyga panels, but can't mix the two.

unicorn_violence

just want to chime in and say the case covers looked fantastic and have a thick layer of kelvar. i hope i never have to use them but i'm sure they will do their job! they are also making me highly regret not getting all of my race bodywork in carbon lol:(

RkHxCKV.jpg

Ajl18Dc.jpg

Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
just want to chime in and say the case covers looked fantastic and have a thick layer of kelvar. i hope i never have to use them but i'm sure they will do their job! they are also making me highly regret not getting all of my race bodywork in carbon lol:(

Ajl18Dc.jpg

There's still time for the carbon sprocket cover!

Also... possible mayday here... is your motor warmed up in this photo? The oil level is at the high indicator there... and when the engine is cold you shouldn't even be able to see the oil level. One of the most stupid things about the bike in my opinion. But... you might be overfilled with your oil level there which could result in blowing the countershaft seal! Plus, that'll add drag to the crank / rob power. AFAIK the cranks aren't knife edged on the RC... so every time that crank hits the oil pool at the bottom of the case it's gonna have drag. Higher oil level, more drag.

unicorn_violence

you can't see it in the pic but its on a trailer which isn't level, so that might be part of it. nevertheless i'm gonna take it off the trailer and double check to make sure its not overfilled before race weekend. it was my first time doing the change so i might have been a little overzealous. thanks for looking out!