Pazzo levers and Progrip 714's

JKBC

Got the grips a few days ago and picked up the levers today. With these grips my right hand no longer bothers me. The levers sure look good and the levers adjust them with a satisfying click but curiously for me I like them as wide/far from the grips as they go. The rubber thing on the end of the clutch cable has to be trimmed to not hide the lever and show off the lever but I don't know...maybe I might as well totally remove it?
Pazzo a.jpgPazzo b.jpgPazzo c.jpg
The display looks funky because of the circular polarizing filter I had on the camera.

yo69xl

Great upgrades , love the levers with the orange touch. I ordered the orange front brake reservoir cover as well but is not here yet, good to see that looks really nice on your bike tho . now all you need is a fender eliminator my friend ;)

JKBC

Thank you yo69xl
I'm leaving the rear as is. It really isn't much of a rear fender anyways but I'd rather not be spraying anybody behind me in the rain any worse. I also got the orange anodized cap for the rear brake and the parts guy was puzzled, along with me, that it came with the rest of the reservoir too?! When I went to put the cap on at the back it was obviously a smaller diameter...so that's why it came with the other parts.

Last edited:

yo69xl

Oh wow I didnt know there were 2 sizes , can you confirm the right size for the rear reservoir cap? I'm thinking of buying that too .

Treachery

Country flag
Question on the Pazzos: When you say you like them adjusted all the way out, do you have to adjust them all the way out? On my super-custom (Taiwanese) levers, the brake side would be unsafe adjusted any other way. I have been considering replacing them with Pazzos, but if I'm looking at the same issue, I'll pass. If that is the case, please let Pazzo know, as that calibration should be correctable in manufacturing.

Thank you yo69xl
I'm leaving the rear as is. It really isn't much of a rear fender anyways but I'd rather not be spraying anybody behind me in the rain any worse. I also got the orange anodized cap for the rear brake and the parts guy was puzzled, along with me, that it came with the rest of the reservoir too?! When I went to put the cap on at the back it was obviously a smaller diameter...so that's why it came with the other parts.

Oh wow I didnt know there were 2 sizes , can you confirm the right size for the rear reservoir cap? I'm thinking of buying that too .

No, not two sizes for the rear. The KTM PowerParts rear cap is actually a replacement reservoir and cap; the anodized cap doesn't fit the OE reservoir. Why they do that, I dunno.

Oh, glad to hear you like the 714s.

JKBC

Question on the Pazzos: When you say you like them adjusted all the way out, do you have to adjust them all the way out? On my super-custom (Taiwanese) levers, the brake side would be unsafe adjusted any other way. I have been considering replacing them with Pazzos, but if I'm looking at the same issue, I'll pass. If that is the case, please let Pazzo know, as that calibration should be correctable in manufacturing.

The brake lever can be adjusted all the way in, or anywhere in between, and not come close to touching the hand grip. However the clutch lever actually can be pulled in to contact flat with the grip as it is full out. Now I don't know but I'd rather not test ride it adjusted a few clicks in to check if the clutch fully disengages when I shift gears. I'm happy with them but maybe I will try to pass this on to Pazzo and see what they think.

No, not two sizes for the rear. The KTM PowerParts rear cap is actually a replacement reservoir and cap; the anodized cap doesn't fit the OE reservoir. Why they do that, I dunno.

Yes and I suppose a Chinese anodized replacement, if you know it replaces the stop cap for sure, is the way to go. I noticed when I took the cap off the rear reservoir that the black rubber diaphragm thing was actually sucked down and on an angle such that there isn't much fluid there but with the cap on the reservoir looks like it is full...but isn't. If I do put the new one on it could give me a chance to have better/enough access to give the shock preload a one click stiffer adjustment which is pretty much impossible to do the way it is and with the wrench in the tool kit that came with the bike. I've been trying to think of some other way (other than trying to use the tool kits wrench) to adjust the preload.

They look good on it too.
Hmm I screwed up on keeping my replies out of the quote bubbles. Sorry for that.

Last edited:

yo69xl

Ohhh now I get it , it doesn't make too much sense that you have to buy both things tho