RC390 goes on the Dyno this evening

So though we didn't get to do the fine tune, I did get to see the AF for Chad's map that was loaded on the PCV doing our initial warm up pulls. Actually pretty good even for my Arrow setup. If you have an Arrow and especially an Akro exhaust and you are using a KN or like with the airbag lid removed; you're pretty darn close. If you aren't racing and don't need to get that last scrap of performance it's probably more than close enough.

mr-fabricator

So though we didn't get to do the fine tune, I did get to see the AF for Chad's map that was loaded on the PCV doing our initial warm up pulls. Actually pretty good even for my Arrow setup. If you have an Arrow and especially an Akro exhaust and you are using a KN or like with the airbag lid removed; you're pretty darn close. If you aren't racing and don't need to get that last scrap of performance it's probably more than close enough.

Sorry to hear the dyno went balls up but good to see the afr and base set up is good ( expected nothing less from chad ) i plan to run the bike and then tune , were on 95 or 98 ron fuel here so will benefit with a tune to finalise everything

tecknojoe

Country flag
Are there any numbers from Chad's dyno run with the Akra? I see it mentioned a few times in this thread.

Then are there any numbers from the run with the arrow exhaust (which can did you use btw, arrow has 4)?

I'll be racing, so I want a good performer. I also want something that doesn't rub swing arm spools. It sounds like the Akra might hit them, but what about the arrow?

ASM

Are there any numbers from Chad's dyno run with the Akra? I see it mentioned a few times in this thread.

Then are there any numbers from the run with the arrow exhaust (which can did you use btw, arrow has 4)?

I'll be racing, so I want a good performer. I also want something that doesn't rub swing arm spools. It sounds like the Akra might hit them, but what about the arrow?

Check his profile site...he has all the pictures of dyno runs in there. We have installed small rear spools to avoid the Akra hitting them. They do not stick out more than the flipped rear axle and after three track days...it hasn't hit anything...even with my fat behind on it...

DCMoney

Country flag
Just an FYI Chads dyno runs were a stock CUP bike, meaning it already had the ecu flash and akra exhaust on it. Then he did some runs with the PCV their tune, and some other runs with their engine kit.

Bags

Cup Bike

We did a Dyno run on my cup Bike it was 35hp with the restrictors in and 33hp without air restrictor, 34hp w/air restrictor & no baffle. So it appears the bike is mapped from the factory to run with the restrictors. Your results may vary my bike has some problems but that was the results we obtained. There was no Power Commander or Bazaaz available at the time. So I don't know what difference if any it would make.
Sorry found my notes and updated accordingly.Also the dyno was in Phoenix AZ.

Last edited:

Bagwell

Country flag
did you remove the throttle limiting plate or ground it down or whatever they do to em?

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
^^^^^
I'm with Bagwell. The dB killer and the snorkel are not the "restriction."

Also, there's lots of testing out there that shows that bikes with the Akra make more power with the baffle in place.

Bags

did you remove the throttle limiting plate or ground it down or whatever they do to em?
We took off the throttle limiting plate. Never had a chance to do the Dyno work again as the bike developed the shutting off problem I discussed in another post.So the Dyno we have was with the limiting plate installed.