Shock spring rate ?

ahastings

Racers , what shock spring are u running ? Struggling with rear grip. I'm about 180 lbs currently running an 11.4 kg/mm which is about same as a 650 lb/in seems about right to get proper sag numbers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

isaac_

Racers , what shock spring are u running ? Struggling with rear grip. I'm about 180 lbs currently running an 11.4 kg/mm which is about same as a 650 lb/in seems about right to get proper sag numbers

Go stiffer. I'm at 160# on a 750# spring.

isaac_

Let me rephrase... what sort of grip issue are you dealing with? Bike hopping around?

If you have an adjustable rear shock, make use of the knobs. Talk to your suspension guy. At my track (Loudon), we have a ton of bumps... I ride in a stuff spring after we maxed out compression and preload on the 700# spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahastings

Just general lack of grip. I'm usually pretty good with suspension , been racing at the expert level in 600s and 1000s for over 10 yrs. This little bike is just frustrating me a bit. I think the spring might be too soft and I'm bottoming it when I try to pin the throttle mid corner

mdabyo

Country flag
i had a 550 on mine and it was WAY to soft! i went up to a 700 and the bike is feeling much better, but i also have a 750 i may throw in at some point to see how that feels!

isaac_

Been finding out with these little bikes the stiffer the better. Skip700 and go to 750

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing this in the hat
The standard rc390 spring is rated at a progressive 8.8kg to 17.7kg which converts to approx 500-950lb!

I am 220lb in gear and am running a yamaha r6 body with the stock rc390 spring the soft part of the spring is compressed with preload apart from the first approx 30mm travel which is my rider sag
This works for me. So just saying dont be afraid of going stiffer considering the stocker is up to 950lb

here is a youtube clip of my shock in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnGVPPaPF0&feature=youtu.be

ahastings

Ended up with a 700 lb spring running 30mm of sag . I weigh about 180lbs. Seems to be working good

ahastings

I bought a used ohlins off eBay cheap for an 02 r6. Then had it rebuilt and had it revalved for more rebound damping as I felt the much heavier spring was overpowering the rebound circuit