Street Side Panel Logo Pieces

It looks like the KTM logo sheet on the side panels is peel and stick and not clearcoated over top. Am I correct? Has anyone tried to remove them and just have the white side panels? I am thinking about removing the side panel logos to give me space for racing numbers. parillaguy

emeglasson

Yeah, heat them up with a hair dryer or similar, then peel very slowly. The slower you go, the less residue you will leave. The residue is a bugger to get off. So, be patient. It all comes off very easily.

I'm having a full custom graphics kit made for me by a local vehicle wrap company, including front fairing & tail number plates. I'll post it up when its done. I think the company would be able to seel full custom decal kits pretty easily after we get through te process on mine; they'll have every piece templated. I'll post details as I get it finished.

mr-fabricator

Yeah, heat them up with a hair dryer or similar, then peel very slowly. The slower you go, the less residue you will leave. The residue is a bugger to get off. So, be patient. It all comes off very easily.

I'm having a full custom graphics kit made for me by a local vehicle wrap company, including front fairing & tail number plates. I'll post it up when its done. I think the company would be able to seel full custom decal kits pretty easily after we get through te process on mine; they'll have every piece templated. I'll post details as I get it finished.

very interested in this :)

reenmachine

Country flag
I've found WD-40 to be extremely effective in removing adhesive residue. I've used it on painted bodywork before (clean it up thoroughly immediately afterward) but not on the 390 so exercise caution if you go this route. Try it on a small spot on the bottom or someplace first.