Swingarm bearings

simpletty

Country flag
Rearsets installation happening tonight. What are you guys using for the swingarm bearing grease? I have some regular wheel bearing grease that works for tapered rollers. I'm going to guess these ones are just a smaller roller type. I'm positive that this grease is ok. But any input is appreciated

image.jpeg

big_sur

I use Dupont Krytox

giphy.gif

Fasteddy

Country flag
That's why the 'FWIW' , I not sure if I buy it either but have not had one apart, even if the spacer is not load bearing I think I would at least give it a light coating to prevent corrosion.

Diploman

The steel sleeve is just a spacer. Whether it rotates a bit and gets wear marks is inconsequential, because it is not a load-bearing element. The IGUS bearings are where the load is taken, and they are designed to run without supplemental lubrication. It wouldn't hurt to lightly grease the spacer sleeve if you are worried about corrosion, but IMO the IGUS bearings should be left in the condition for which they were designed.

The steel sleeve is just a spacer. Whether it rotates a bit and gets wear marks is inconsequential, because it is not a load-bearing element. The IGUS bearings are where the load is taken, and they are designed to run without supplemental lubrication. It wouldn't hurt to lightly grease the spacer sleeve if you are worried about corrosion, but IMO the IGUS bearings should be left in the condition for which they were designed.
I discovered also sadly yesterday that we don't have bearings for the swinarrm, and was shocked that there is no lubrification at all on mine.
My point of view is that it HAS to be lubicated. By the way there is a sealing on both sides to keep the grease in.
KTM is selling a reparation kit (90104230010) to replace this, as it will be worn in very few kilometers.
I'm fully convinced that we NEED to put grease in this. There is non sense to look for high end suspension if the swingarm is not lubricated.