Tyga rear-sets or "steps" KTM powerparts rear sets

These really have a fair amount of up/down twisting flex when you transfer weight around on the bike. This normal? I will be testing these this coming weekend. Not that I want to test this part, but I'm questioning crash-ability of these.

Anybody with KTM Powerparts rear-sets - any flex of the peg brackets?

ArkansasDave

My friend that races an rc8r and could get a great deal on ktm rear sets, the problem he had was he couldn't buy only replacement pegs. So take that into consideration for it. I wish vortex would get off their butts and make rear sets for ktms.

micahpearlman

I turn literally standing with the ball of the foot on the far end of inside peg and haven't noticed any flex with the PP rear sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wa2fst

Country flag
My PP do not flex but the heal guard is stupid flimsy i can feel my foot flexing in when hanging off the bike on the track. I even ferl the heel guard flex adjusting my feet around.

My friend that races an rc8r and could get a great deal on ktm rear sets, the problem he had was he couldn't buy only replacement pegs. So take that into consideration for it. I wish vortex would get off their butts and make rear sets for ktms.

I really want vortex as well.

micahpearlman

My PP do not flex but the heal guard is stupid flimsy i can feel my foot flexing in when hanging off the bike on the track. I even ferl the heel guard flex adjusting my feet around.

Oh yeah the heel guard is some sort of joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoninJames

looking at how far back the tyga rearsets extend i suspected that they may flex a bit.
the PP sets dont look like they extend as far (i could be wrong)

it just seems that the way the sets all mount on the frame we are going to be dealing with long extensions.... the longer the extension out from the mounting hardware the more likely some sort of flex.

RoninJames

KTM-RC390RS-BK_650x400.jpg

these Sato's look great.... but $700 is way too pricey... hopefully the chinese knockoffs of these happen soon!

Guyhowdy

Just emailed Vortex of my hopes for them to produce rearsets for our bikes and I encourage everyone else to do the same. If the demand is there and they know it, the sooner they make it!

reenmachine

Country flag
View attachment 878

these Sato's look great.... but $700 is way too pricey... hopefully the chinese knockoffs of these happen soon!

Not picking on you, but I love how everyone always says stuff like this, regarding pretty much every type of part.

"All these inexpensive ones have xyz shortcoming. These other ones are perfect in every way, but they're overpriced!"

There are reasons they're priced the way they are. It takes time, skill, education, and experience to develop a top-notch product, and none of those come cheap. Quality materials, component parts, and finishes are expensive as well. And lastly, one of the few things that can bring the price down on quality products is sales volume, and those who run off and buy the Chinese knock-off stolen intellectual property versions aren't helping things.

Try making a high-end product and marketing it someday. It's an eye-opener.

Guyhowdy

Not picking on you, but I love how everyone always says stuff like this, regarding pretty much every type of part.

"All these inexpensive ones have xyz shortcoming. These other ones are perfect in every way, but they're overpriced!"

There are reasons they're priced the way they are. It takes time, skill, education, and experience to develop a top-notch product, and none of those come cheap. Quality materials, component parts, and finishes are expensive as well. And lastly, one of the few things that can bring the price down on quality products is sales volume, and those who run off and buy the Chinese knock-off stolen intellectual property versions aren't helping things.

Hey...it also takes time/skill/education/and experience to knock off a top-notch product as well! In all seriousness though, if the Sato rearsets were a couple hundred dollars less expensive I'd immediately pull the trigger on a set. For me anything over the $500 mark is a no go, especially considering the bike they're going on is an entry level sportbike and not a Panigale R or some $30k bike. Most Vortex, Woodcraft etc rearsets can all be purchased under the $400 mark so the extra bling of the Sato's is hard to justify for $300 more. Just my 2 cents.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Why does anyone think just because you bought a $5k bike the parts for it of any fashion should be less? The materials/time/r&d all cost/take the same amount of time for a expensive/big bike. You paid less for the bike so you can outfit it with the nice properly built expensive add-ons and still be in it at a good price. Nothing about the initial price of bike has anything to do with the price of accessories. If you want cheap knock off prices that's the product quality you'll get! Why should a cnc'ed billet of aluminum or a length of Titanium tubing cost less for a RC 390 than a Pani R? Sorry to rant. I usually don't, this is a pet peeve of mine being in the industry of selling, building bikes and selling custom parts. The custom piston I designed and had built for the 390 has just as much r&d time in it as any other motor I've done and held to same quality. The 'cost' of the piston is just as much as for 8k AMA SX motor build or a 12k AMA flat track motor build. Make sense? The others building parts Sato, Akrapovic, etc, put just as much into as I do. They are not price gouging, they are just putting out a quality product reflected by their price. The shift kit for the 390 cost just as much as one for a Pani, because it is built to/with the same quality parts/specs. My 2 cents.

Guyhowdy

...Sato rearsets for a Panigale are $895 from revzilla.com Sato rearsets for a 2014 GSXR 1000 from revzilla.com are $545...you mean to tell me Sato put $350 more R&D and time per rearset into the Panigale version than the GSXR version???

Last edited:

RoninJames

yea but come on reenmachine. look at the Satos. the only real part they had to "develop" was the mounting bracket. the rest of those rearsets are damn near identical to every other bikes rearset they make. if they were more in line w the cost of their other rearsets i would buy em. to me it just seems like they feel they can get 700 for them now because they are new and the bike is new and there arent many options out there.

as for the knockoffs... what can i say? i am on a very limited budget so if a chinese knockoff is out there made of the same design and same materials for $300 its a no brainer. if i had money to burn then sure, i would buy the Satos... but i dont. :)

RoninJames

...Sato rearsets for a Panigale are $895 from revzilla.com Sato rearsets for a 2014 GSXR 1000 from revzilla.com are $545...you mean to tell me Sato put $350 more R&D and time per rearset into the Panigale version than the GSXR version???

playing devils advocate here guyhowdy.... i see two reasons for this:
#1 people who own ducatis have money and will spend the extra 350?
or
#2 alot more people have gsxr1000s so they figure they will make up the difference in sheer volume compared to the ducs

either way, god DAMN $900 for rearsets???????? do they massage ur feet while you ride? lol