Water pump shaft & clutch basket nut...

Michelle

I am doing the last couple of jobs on my little bike for peace of mind...
The first is , I am putting a M6 self locking nut ( with lock tight ) on the water pump so my question is ,, the shaft is it locked ?, like on a gear or would I need to hold the propeller while I undo the nut and put one on ?.

Also I am checking the clutch basket nut ,, should I just re-torque it ? or undo it then put lock tight on and re-torque it up ?...

I have done a fair bit to my little RC now and do not plan on doing anymore until something goes wrong it...
Just last night I had to re-torque all the engine mounts ,, my bike started to vibrate a far bit so I thought I better check them ,, all was not up to spec and one at the back I could turn by hand which should of been at 50Nm....

I tightened them all up and no more vibrations :rolleyes: ........ One of my fork seals started leaking last week so I did the little plastic trick on it and it has stopped leaking which is great...
With so many nuts and bolts coming loose it will give me peace of mind doing the water pump and clutch basket....

Any advice and I would be grateful , thanks chaps :cool:

Michelle

Hi everyone

Hope all is well ;) ,, So I did my water pump nut last night but I screwed up ,, I was not to know anyway.... I ordered a M6 self locking nut but I did not know there was a few types of them...
Anyway as you can see I ordered one toooooooo big IMG_2206.jpg that was A4 size so I went this morning and bought a 100 A2 size which fit nice IMG_2209.jpg...
Its not got a lot of thread on the shaft and I dare not torque it up to 10Nm ,, so I just did it nice and snug...IMG_2207.jpg
I have not put my bike back together yet cos I am letting the loctite go off a bit ,, will put it back together this afternoon..
So on the weekend I am going to re-torque my clutch nut ,, make sure its up to spec... :p ...... HOPEFULLY i will have lots of trouble free miles...

Michelle

Can anyone tell me please ,, will the threads on both nuts hold up to the torque spec ?? (120Nm) ...... I got my clutch holding basket tool yesterday so I just have to get a friend to help me with this job...
I know a lot of threads on this bike I would never torque up to spec as its just to much for the thread....

Come on guys ,, there must be a few on here that have torqued the clutch basket nuts up :p.......

Ryanthegreat1

I had no issues with the crank nut taking the prescribed torque. Did not do the clutch hub, it was not a known issue at the time. Make sure the threads are dry save for the thread locker for proper torque.

82MeLzGwzhnpcBeEWr8Ujie3FlWMSUN_caOo13cj6EsOpnKgEOU6C5by96FgBdQ7py2iBGdeFYbz6mvBljVPVdTeuJHqpD4spEpYfM5duwhKv2nR5S-oJ9xpq8442PBlnmJucWeQPPNLlAkP9ZixcKE8kkJSrcjdh-wVM62d3gPDGBHQslZsvXN6eTPHFG1cVkVRNOsiEi2dyoBVat7upjgt-uLxGJIYM47q9vEOt2xCGnpSzXEyxBvQLEEjefGOwN7cVAGAH_aKKLcoLR4DDxmfmiZmASfGskYHSD1-pVkvFcLhvz7l-fHTj3R9WLGnIyclgE-JAnRdB3eSA2b_GUMg9YB8RkUFnyXP_pomTMSlY98DPz1UuDaG6R5uATQVX4iZBzAi_kA4fP-WYP2749XcKIGyCTW4em0YldtDAnVA9d15BN66koyCSI7S5MeOvp0apWgavH4vvrLkhNhsib8h6qWfuFBd-sVPSnQ1Hz2n7kw2x9_JHuZ-wV975ykPwMoNrTlNsmR4PaiaAAKUsaUFHAmtU__eD1NDtOdPt6GTod9gbjn7-Ex9QheuUE3-al0arnAT_vcblM1EbhtM_PcmNFOLkGm8txWUBcOZnzW8zorw7hGNeUTN=w840-h192-no

MQPJeDtLB8iR51CeuwEbGFP9sMmBqq6uMBz2hWNL9oofd0lN--JAuRnnnA7OGu-bzEZDedcrMcqqwcmAsHqGUcIP6FJ1rJwlcsbQYe4xZGZ6dmwtXr8W0gs95TQUC3alkhMCUYr0_YzPXcYM3n_sVgQNdi18McJLVp9bQEcyAcwXIAJsZZzHnSA-wNj3aEcwXABhPltOuPCzLZ4SU-N09LcmMwLnBTSIOLSPYAGcXrZlJ_dUtM6Irm2h5qnVp0FYD3KSFcGkr16pFX0ISOFJAcCyJ667cEzBcbUjI5vaU_KkTfAcDSb2xU--6Sa5V-B5gg7NVnjBwEO_B4GXaaquo-gqMIbDrUsfRKvAvVfNBvdLnVN2QqRJERID7l8Rwd-pqHBU7jfouc1ysfrQpjlRTXytpNc9Ss4aHRpLqGr_2lWneTJZsmZEK7HulsSduNuRjG7tlU7epgOSxsvsJcAsPACZ3aEBRgzIBMhYN5sv58us6zfZW5FrwxFYvLj19J8bIeSARMWaLLW5jmPd9CaeAAQknhcd4NuFGhim7qOGENBACPHPv6q4jCTRun-WkXLj78o1oK-C6q7M35xzHHjCQT3sswaQs-RQ5ZgTsUPf9S2fMamI4ojnKxlR=w847-h921-no

Last edited:

Michelle

I did both nuts ,, but I was a bit scared to torque them up to spec so I did 100Nm and they did not move.... Also I did not undo them ,, just made sure they was tight...
Thanks for letting me know though...