Assembly disappointment

ntrsssgti89

So I have a 16 RC now have about 450 mile on it, been hearing a vibration coming from under the instrument panel. I also had a large smear on the inside of the windscreen that I couldn't reach without taking it off.
I used this rainy New England day to take the screen off and see if I could find the point that the vibration was coming from.

So I started in to take the screen off and began finding a lot of bolts on the bike that hold the fairings on where barely even finger tight and there where 3 bolts that the threads where chewed up on one of that had almost no threads left. I am assuming the bike is delivered to the dealers in the crate and need to be assembled before they are sold.

The one bolt that is badly worn is holding the right faring on and the barrel that is also worn is welded to the tank.

I have cleaned the windscreen and reassembled everything hoping that the loose hardware is the cause of my noise.
we will see this week when I get out on it.

I can't believe though that the bike could be this neglected from the dealer before selling me the bike, I'm just glad in the short time I have on the bike that none of the hardware went missing.
I will be calling the dealer on Tuesday when they reopen from the weekend to find out what the hell could have happened and if there is anything else I should be worried about finding on this bike.
RANT OVER

IMG_1350.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1351.jpg

isaac_

The issue about bolts being finger tight... I don't think that's an issue with assembly much an issue of it being a single. I've used lock tite and have had bolts rattle loose. It's just going to buzz/rattle a ton. I'm getting in the habit of torquing everything down after every race or track session.

Say, where in New England are you? Come to NHMS next weekend and check a few of them out on the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk