Let's see your RC

SneakyOwl

0000e9b86ac9d85a4660692305e34d07.jpg

Bae was looking fine AF today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWEET! This confirms my plans for painting the front white.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Continued with my build. Gone full carbon with 2016 cup graphics. Just waiting on the belly which is on back order from formula 390. Stuff looks amazing, fits the same as the stock pieces. Had my trusted body shop fab a light cutout into the tyga upper cowling. Turned out amazing. The bike gets more attention
than all my buddies' 600s.
View attachment 2662

<poke> Time for an update dude now that you've got the carbon belly on there. </poke> :)

D2M

Country flag
Niiiiice did that caliper line right up on the rotor? Been on the track yet?

No and no.. It was a huge pain. I machined the spacer to put the wheel perfectly on center but the rotor was not even close as the caliper offset was way too deep. I ended up using a Ducati offset rotor mounted inside out and was a perfect fit. Success..

I am goint to the track this Monday, however I will be driving my car at the event. The RC may have to wait till next season.

Last edited:

mgodkin828

20160812_193757.jpgAs requested by Matt, here's the final look. Full carbon tyga bodywork from formula 390 as well as about every other part in the book. Would love some details on that caliper psych0hans is running, that sure got my attention.

green_bread

Country flag
Lots of money in that bike! Looks really good, though!I do like the Andreani cartridges in the forks, but there is an Ohlins sticker on the fork legs. Haha! :D

mgodkin828

Andreani Kit didnt come with any stickers which sucked, but i liked the subtle look of the black ohlins stickers on the fork legs...goes nicely with the shock too.
Sombody has to find more info on that brembo caliper!!!

mgodkin828

Andreani Kit didnt come with any stickers which sucked, but i liked the subtle look of the black ohlins stickers on the fork legs...goes nicely with the shock too.
Sombody has to find more info on that brembo caliper!!!

D2M

Country flag
mgodkin828 if you are referring to my bike. This is an entire RC8 fork / front fender swap, so this is just a standard Brembo 100mm, 30mm offset caliper.

Last edited:

mgodkin828

Ah makes sense, I have been hoping to find a brembo caliper that fits for a while but i am assuming this wont fit on the stock fork.

D2M

Country flag
There may be a way to custom make a adapter bracket to fit a 100mm Brembo. The caliper would also have to be moved inwards as well to be centered on the rotor. This seems hoaky to me and since we are dealing with the brakes, a bit unsafe.

The fork swap with softer springs and, fender, caliper and rotor was the most cost effective way to get a good suspension on the front. I was considering the cartridge kit but the stock lower fork tubes on the 390 are not coated ( chromed ), they are just polished steel and have a ton of stiction. The cup fork is wayyyy to expensive.

The RC8 fork works really well with the Ohlins and the brake is EXTREMELY powerful, 1 finger..

Last edited:

Andy

Country flag
Finally got round to finishing off some bits and pieces.

Spark exhaust now on, sounds fruity!
IMG_0446.jpg
Rear hugger from Carbon King, Evotech mirror blanks and chain toe guard. Just waiting on the Tyga bellypan from the paint shop and some sunny weather!