OEM Shifter lever

Guyhowdy

Wow, I'm assuming you broke it during normal use not from crashing? You should post pictures of where the lever is breaking!

Fasteddy

Country flag
Stock I assume. So would it be breaking due to the rear heim joint hitting / binding against the foot peg mount casting and limiting the stroke?

commandodave

What parts were required to convert to a GP pattern? Most conversions require a longer connecting rod at a minimum. Some require a gearbox lever with a dog-leg to clear the frame. I was able to convert my Aprilia Futura to a GP pattern merely by inverting the lever attached to the gearbox and reattaching the connecting rod to suit. No parts required. My Nortons all come from the factory with the GP pattern, plus they shift on the right like God and the Queen prefer.

t3ddftw

The Stock Lever is flimsy and appears to be made of cast Chinesium. Mine snapped under the weight of the bike (bike tipped over, not at speed).

octaneguy

Mine snapped yesterday after it tipped over while servicing it. I'm trying to find a replacement before next Friday which is a track day.

Fasteddy

Country flag
FWIW,

The shifter from any year 990 SuperDuke or 1290 SuperDuke R will interchange, I am actually using a 390 shifter on my SuperDuke!

Back before any parts were in stock I was able to TIG weld a brake pedal back together successfully as it is cast aluminum, the SD 990 version shifter although way more expensive is more durable and will bend a little instead of snapping.

Spare Parts Finder to find part numbers to search, below is the link for the lever from AOMC...

SHIFTING LEVER CPL.: AOMC.mx