oh YES!! carbon race tail and billet rear sets from TYGA.

emeglasson

Hey all. I was having some correspondence with Paul from Tyga last night. He informed that his company will have a carbon race tail available in a week. (!) Check his site next friday 5/22 for availability. It will basically match the stock shape. He is also working on a more custom shaped carbon tail, but that wont be available until mid summer.

Paul said he will have billet rear sets available around June 1st.

Carbon belly pans available in just a few days.
Carbon tank cover and battery cover available soon.
Carbon fairings in several weeks.

The site currently has front fenders, rear fenders and chain guards for sale. Plus, he has a variety of rear sprockets available.

I'm pretty excited about the race tail & rear sets. I'll be the first to order each. I've been getting pretty annoyed waiting for the KTM tail, which seems to be on hold indefinitely according to several dealers I have spoken with. And, it sounds like the KTM rear sets arent too fantastic, especially considering their price.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Not sure on what KTM Dealer you are dealing with but I could get you the KTM tail by Friday. All your stuff sounds expensive but so awesome!

emeglasson

I have had my deposit on a race tail at my local dealer since the day I bought my bike, about 5 weeks ago. I understand that KTM was back ordered. I have since looked for stock at several dealers and all over the internet. I have tried to order one from places that claimed they had them in stock, only to get them back ordered again. Each dealer says the status of the product is 'not available' with no expected date.

So, do you actually have one in stock, or do have knowledge that KTM is finally delivering them very soon? Any info is appreciated!

...and, is it an actual KTM tail, with the foam and mounting hardware, etc? Thx.

Last edited:

ryandalling

My tail is supposed to arrive on Friday. I ordered from Australia as the local guy said at least two months. Excited to get info on the rear sets... any idea on cost?

emeglasson

My understanding is that the Tyga race tail will function just like the KTM race tail; carbon shell on rubber pads that rest on the frame rails, with the foam pad adhered to the carbon for the 'seat'.

No word on price on the rear sets. But a quick browse of their other rear sets indicates pretty reasonable prices.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have had my deposit on a race tail at my local dealer since the day I bought my bike, about 5 weeks ago. I understand that KTM was back ordered. I have since looked for stock at several dealers and all over the internet. I have tried to order one from places that claimed they had them in stock, only to get them back ordered again. Each dealer says the status of the product is 'not available' with no expected date.

So, do you actually have one in stock, or do have knowledge that KTM is finally delivering them very soon? Any info is appreciated!

...and, is it an actual KTM tail, with the foam and mounting hardware, etc? Thx.

The factory ktm tail WAS available for the past 2 days. Between our posts it went back on backorder with no eta. If the cards line up hopefully you will get yours this week. Sorry for the glimmer of hope.

DCMoney

Country flag
If it makes you feel any better about not having your race tail at least you have a bike, my dealer said after telling me 2 more weeks since March that they have no idea when it will be in.

s30series

I orderd the full TYGA set a few days ago. Somthing like $350 shipped to Atlanta for front fender, rear fender and chain guard. I can't wait.

Wicked Chicken

Hey all. I was having some correspondence with Paul from Tyga last night. He informed that his company will have...

Carbon tank cover and battery cover available soon.

...And, it sounds like the KTM rear sets arent too fantastic, especially considering their price.
What's the issue with or reason the rear sets aren't Fantastic? Besides expensive!

Is the Tyga tank and bat. cover stock in form or will it be taller/different shape? I think the cup bike has a different shape to its "tank".

mr-fabricator

Tyga stuff rocks . Been using it for years since my rgv250 days .

I have all the sprockets , fender and the duke hugger in carbon. Top quality .

Will sell a leg for anything else they can offer :)

Regards lee

mwtillotson

If it makes you feel any better about not having your race tail at least you have a bike, my dealer said after telling me 2 more weeks since March that they have no idea when it will be in.

Same thing for me, man. Was told it'd be in by end of April. Now, by end of May. Frustrating.

Where are you located? I'm in Georgia. You'd think dealerships and KTM could coordinate this kind of stuff. I can buy bubblegum on Amazon and get a tracking number. They can't determine when thousands of dollars worth of bikes are coming in?

Matt

@DCMoney, if you're in Southern California the dealer I bought mine from had another RC and a Duke on the floor earlier this week when I went in to buy lifts for my RC. Check them out they're good guys there- Langston Motorsports in Paris

Matt

And regarding this post- I am waiting for the rest of the carbon body pieces to be available through Tyga being that they tend to bundle everything up at a discount! Ideally I want the battery cover, rear huger, front and rear fender in carbon fiber.

reenmachine

Country flag
Is there the possibility of a carbon tail section that retains the factory saddle, only replacing the section consisting of the pillion seat?

DCMoney

Country flag
@DCMoney, if you're in Southern California the dealer I bought mine from had another RC and a Duke on the floor earlier this week when I went in to buy lifts for my RC. Check them out they're good guys there- Langston Motorsports in Paris

Thanks, but I picked up a used one last night, yep use. 50 miles on it...

Same thing for me, man. Was told it'd be in by end of April. Now, by end of May. Frustrating.

Where are you located? I'm in Georgia. You'd think dealerships and KTM could coordinate this kind of stuff. I can buy bubblegum on Amazon and get a tracking number. They can't determine when thousands of dollars worth of bikes are coming in?

St Louis, does suck indeed.

Last edited:

DCMoney

Country flag
KTM race tail is available, we have them.....

How quickly can you guys ship out?

I'm canceling my order with another online KTM shop thats changed their backorder status to indefinitely. Really need the race tail and belly pan by next Friday.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I just called was told out of stock for probably several months...

I sincerely apologize, got the one I was waiting on for my customers build and "assumed" that they we had in stock. I should have verified before posting. I have been extremely busy shop work wise and not on here as much as I would like to be (you all have probably noticed). I will try my best to get pics of shift kit install up, some other sneak peak pics, and more parts up on the site. Thanks.