Packing Werkes Exhaust + Dyno!

rompus

I love capitalism. A problem was identified and some entrepreneurs came up with a solution, a win all around.

Chris12

I got in contact with Shawn at Competition Werkes and they advised the db killer installed for Fasteddy was a custom one-off only, done in exchange for his generosity in loaning his bike for testing/tuning. It is not available for sale.

I’ve been lurking for a while, but this is my first post. Definitely a great site with knowledgeable members.

I just read through this entire thread. I really like the competition werks muffler for the 390 because of its weight and placement. I’m seriously considering buying this system for my rc390.

The upgraded packing replacement seems to be a great solution for those who have already purchased to reduce dB and add longevity between re-packs. Thanks to all those that had a part in figuring this out!

Now that Competition Werks is aware of the issue with their packing, I hope they begin installing packing of a similar quality in their newly made cans. It would be a shame to buy this muffler new, and have it immediately shipped somewhere to get opened up and re-packed for longevity.

Also, it would be great to have the option of a removable dD killer or baffle like the custom one Fasteddy got.

Thanks again to all the members who spent the time to figure out this packing solution for existing owners!

PS - Does the optional black ceramic coating quitet the muffler down? If so, would that mean that the end-to-end black ceramic coated version is even quieter?

CDN Duke

Country flag
My last repack by/at Competition Werkes was done with Bristol Core innards :D

Wasn't free though, but they only charged $10 which is a killer deal.

It's unlikely that any pipes in reseller inventory currently would have the new packing though.

I don't think the ceramic coat dampens much. probably a bit. i prefer to see the clean welds/piecuts in the inlet and outlet so only did the center can. they only do black now too, no more custom colors.

CDN Duke

Country flag
My last repack by/at Competition Werkes was done with Bristol Core innards :D

Wasn't free though, but they only charged $10 which is a killer deal.

It's unlikely that any pipes in reseller inventory currently would have the new packing though.

I don't think the ceramic coat dampens much. probably a bit. i prefer to see the clean welds/piecuts in the inlet and outlet so only did the center can. they only do black now too, no more custom colors.
pics.
4b2121c6c4ceed962066e7be16815bd9.jpg
40f36ebab276a37aa2ed01349ec6c051.jpg