Packing Werkes Exhaust + Dyno!

nhenneman

they are currently using the highest temp spec available or thats their plan for further testing?

Word travels fast....
When they picked up the bike for the R&D we disscussed the packing, was told they are using the highest temp spec available.

74d34h

FWIW,
My Werkes pipe has been manufacturer modified with a DB killer insert in the center section which has made it much nicer for street use, no packing. It also was ceramic coated as that is an option now offer direct from Competition Werkes web site. They are a great company to deal with with excellent service BTW.

How much extra was the ceramic coating? Our Werkes badge had a bad batch of paint and it all faded. Werkes offered to fix it no charge I asked if we could wait until end of season and they said yes. Maybe I'll have it coated while they have it for the repair.

chrisdigital21

How much extra was the ceramic coating? Our Werkes badge had a bad batch of paint and it all faded. Werkes offered to fix it no charge I asked if we could wait until end of season and they said yes. Maybe I'll have it coated while they have it for the repair.
The Best sounding Exhaust by far is the Akrapovic System with out the catalyst. Its well made, yo don't have to repack it and its not too loud, but offers a deep ducati like tone. Buy it, have the ECU remappedktm1.jpg and be done. I just did and never looked back, So happy

zaster

Country flag
chrisdigital21 said:
The Best sounding Exhaust by far is the Akrapovic System with out the catalyst. Its well made, yo don't have to repack it and its not too loud, but offers a deep ducati like tone. Buy it, have the ECU remappedView attachment 3219 and be done. I just did and never looked back, So happy

Or you could go with this:
P1030876resized.jpgP1030877resized.jpg

Fasteddy

Country flag
I think it is $50 for the black velvet finish on entire pipe, same cost as ordering new...

I also confirmed they will repack for just the shipping cost...

Yes, now that the bike is heading toward its third model year there are more choices for exhuast and other parts, but, at 4 Lbs. and keeping the original styling this is my choice.

Last edited:

Trae327

Trae/Buildable any updates on your packing solution? Still sound the same?

GOOD NEWS: the packing that i used is holding up excellent!!! ive put almost 700 miles on my bike this week. sounds the exact same as the day i did it.. thats a win in my opinion. im thinking its going to last a long time!! i run my bike very hard too, so im sure if you ride it regular it will last you an eternity lol

Buildable

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated.
Ive had some intense weekends with a birthday, gastro and a spartan race.

Back in it now.

Heres my update atm: bike is stuck in the shop due to failed welds letting unfiltered air into the engine...

Thats what ive been told so far hopefully should be getting a proper explanation of whats going on today.

CDN Duke

Country flag
GOOD NEWS: the packing that i used is holding up excellent!!! ive put almost 700 miles on my bike this week. sounds the exact same as the day i did it.. thats a win in my opinion. im thinking its going to last a long time!! i run my bike very hard too, so im sure if you ride it regular it will last you an eternity lol

Hoping Trae327 will stop by with an update soon...

I've just traded my GPR Ghost for a Werkes... but concerned about their reputation for being really loud. I got in contact with Shawn at Competition Werkes and they advised the db killer installed for Fasteddy was a custom one-off only, done in exchange for his generosity in loaning his bike for testing/tuning. It is not available for sale.

I'm still sending the pipe in for a factory repack and will get the center portion coated as well. I'll see how it is from the factory and re-evaluate as needed.

emiller

Country flag
I replaced the werkes with a MIVV GP and the bike finally sounds like I wanted, now is loud and deep but not obnoxious I made a video of the werkes and posted on youtube some time ago, I will make another one of the MIVV GP soon.

20161207_131355_zpsqpl3fpqp.jpg

20170221_155834_zpslz1mhb3s.jpg

Attachments

• 20161207_131355_zpsqpl3fpqp.jpg
    20161207_131355_zpsqpl3fpqp.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20170221_155834_zpslz1mhb3s.jpg
    20170221_155834_zpslz1mhb3s.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

D2M

Country flag
I was running the Werks for a while and got tired of the noise level. I switched to a MIVV Ghibli that I modified and not only does the bike sound deeper but there was a big low end torque gain, it was extremely noticeable. I believe that this engine benefits from the longest possible exhaust length.

emiller

Country flag
I was running the Werks for a while and got tired of the noise level. I switched to a MIVV Ghibli that I modified and not only does the bike sound deeper but there was a big low end torque gain, it was extremely noticeable. I believe that this engine benefits from the longest possible exhaust length.

Did you install it with or without the DB killers?

Last edited:

D2M

Country flag
Yes my bike is tuned with a PCV, with the Werks the bike would just seem to change tone and not really go at mid RPM, When I installed the MIVV it was like a kick in the pants, the bike has an instant reaction to every move of the throttle. I made no changes to the tune when i swapped to the MIVV.. I am going to go -1T on the rear sprocket as the bike has great mid range now..

emiller

Country flag
Yes my bike is tuned with a PCV, with the Werks the bike would just seem to change tone and not really go at mid RPM, When I installed the MIVV it was like a kick in the pants, the bike has an instant reaction to every move of the throttle. I made no changes to the tune when i swapped to the MIVV.. I am going to go -1T on the rear sprocket as the bike has great mid range now..

I am using a map hard racing sent me for the werkes + K&N no lid + wideband commander 2 but I will like to get pro tuned, I'm not a big fan of shelf maps. Do you happen to know a good tuning shop in SoCal?

Last edited: