RC Windscreen Removal

Bubu

Hi all - I recently purchased a 2018 RC 390. I might just be dense here, but I'm finding it difficult to remove the bike's stock windscreen. I was unable to remove the two bolts that are tucked just under the side fairing. I even removed three bolts from the side fairing and still wasn't able to pry it far enough to access the bolt.

What am I missing?

Bubu

Thanks Green. I'm aware of the positioning of all the bolts. I'm just wondering if it's really necessary to remove the entire side fairings just to remove the windshield. I tried to pry the fairing out of the way but it wasn't budging enough. Seems extremely inconvenient...

green_bread

Country flag
Pro tip: Go ahead and take it completely off, figure out what is needed and what is not needed when reinstalling. This will make it easier to take everything apart in the future. Thats what I did on my race bike. I got to where all I needed to do was remove the 3 bolts in the side fairing and the whole side came off.

isaac_

Pro tip: Go ahead and take it completely off, figure out what is needed and what is not needed when reinstalling. This will make it easier to take everything apart in the future. Thats what I did on my race bike. I got to where all I needed to do was remove the 3 bolts in the side fairing and the whole side came off.

You don’t use the bolt at the tip of the side fairing? How do you hold it down without flapping?

green_bread

Country flag
You don’t use the bolt at the tip of the side fairing? How do you hold it down without flapping?

Sorry, I believe I misspoke. I actually used the 3 side fairing bolts and the one on the one near the front where the front-most bolt for the windscreen would go. I had a Rottweiler fairing stay that had a threaded spot for that bolt hole.

Is that the one you meant?

isaac_

Sorry, I believe I misspoke. I actually used the 3 side fairing bolts and the one on the one near the front where the front-most bolt for the windscreen would go. I had a Rottweiler fairing stay that had a threaded spot for that bolt hole.

Is that the one you meant?

Yes that’s the one