Exhaust decisions.

Child

Ummming and arhhhing over what exhaust to get. Loving the under belly look but a bit worried about the noise levels on the Werkes USA. I would consider something like an Arrow X Kone but I've taken off the rear pegs and haven't seen one mounted without those pegs. Is it possible? May be doctor a Fuel exhaust bracket to fit the Arrow? Any other suggestions?

unicorn_violence

I agree on the werkes. it's a great looking exhaust but the noise levels are concerning. you could check out the MIVV Ghibli, it has 2 db killers if needed, it mounts near/on the rear sets from what i can tell so it doesn't need the passenger foot pegs. also had pretty good dyno results from what i remember. MNNTHBX is a vendor on the forum here and sells that exhaust. if i had the money to buy it would be between the werkes and the ghibli. i think the werkes is a lot lighter than the ghibli though, but i could be wrong. also don't have to worry about lean clearance with the werkes.

DSC_9431.jpg

DSC_9432.jpg

Since your on the other side of the pond, there is also a Zard exhaust from Italy that looks good. however, i haven't been able to find a single review about it, just a sound clip. and who knows what the dyno results might be. sounds pretty good though. the video is of a duke, but it does also fit on a rc390

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKSuLvlpks

SCARICO-KTM-RC-390-ZARD-800x564.jpg
KTM-RC-390-EXHAUST-800x531.jpg

Last edited:

psych0hans

Country flag
I would buy the werkes for the sheer weight savings it provides. Not convinced that it will add any real power to the bike, but i could be wrong.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Just from the few short rides I have been able to do with the Werks exhaust it has noticeable low end and midrange gains demonstrated by the improved ease of doing a power wheelie if nothing else. While it is on the loud side I do plan on experimenting with fabricating a dB killer, for me the stock style / look is worth the effort to deal with the sound levels...

rippedcb

I've got a "GPR Ghost" on mine and i love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything else. Like yourself, i was also looking for one that was underbelly. Ghost fits in the place of original and saves tons of weight, sounds beautiful and also very reasonably priced compared to others. Another thing i liked about this was that the can now ends up being much further away from the shock so much less heat is transferred to the shock.
oh.. and it comes with a DB killer. I don't use it.

Child

Stilling leaning towards the Werkes. I to was thinking of fabbing up some sort of db killer. I'd be most grateful if you could keep us updated on your experiences Eddy, you seem to be the only who has one and posts.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Stilling leaning towards the Werkes. I to was thinking of fabbing up some sort of db killer. I'd be most grateful if you could keep us updated on your experiences Eddy, you seem to be the only who has one and posts.

Hey now what about us.

We've got It installed, and posted as much first hand experience as possible. ;-)

Major

I've got a "GPR Ghost" on mine and i love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything else. Like yourself, i was also looking for one that was underbelly. Ghost fits in the place of original and saves tons of weight, sounds beautiful and also very reasonably priced compared to others. Another thing i liked about this was that the can now ends up being much further away from the shock so much less heat is transferred to the shock.
oh.. and it comes with a DB killer. I don't use it.

Are you running the Ghost with any modifications (Akra map, filter and cover)? I wish the werkes was not as loud. I am considering the Ghost primarily for the weight savings.

Child

Sorry Hard Racing, how could I forget you guys! I was just after as much info, from as many owners as possible.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Zard is a very reputable exhaust. You find them on ducs and MV Agustas. The sound and quality on the big bikes is amazing. From that clip it looks like its pulled in a lot tighter than the arrow pipes.

1bigarm

werks exhaust

Hey now what about us.

We've got It installed, and posted as much first hand experience as possible. ;-)

I got the werks exhaust installed. Looks and sounds good. But my fairing is melting where the exhaust exists. Now im wishing I got the gpr. I will post pic tomorrow.

The Mariner

The FRESCO 'Ultrashorty' got a mention over on the 390 Duke forum. Looks like it's only available in Europe though, but it's another option. There's a short sound clip here.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I got the werks exhaust installed. Looks and sounds good. But my fairing is melting where the exhaust exists. Now im wishing I got the gpr. I will post pic tomorrow.

We've sold a ton of these, and no issues.

The exhaust doesn't come near the fairing, not even sure how it could be melting it. ?

Can you please show some photos ?

Seth

Country flag
Click the YouTube in KTM Orange to view the video. Happy Friday all! Sips on a Foster's 25.4oz can

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Still waiting to see someone post a dyno compare of stock exhaust vs Werks. My estimate is there will be a peak 3HP loss.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Still waiting to see someone post a dyno compare of stock exhaust vs Werks. My estimate is there will be a peak 3HP loss.

Same thoughts here, maybe not a 3 hp loss, but I can't imagine any peak gains. Probably decent front side gains, but overall not a good piece performance wise. One would think with some being sold and a map made for they would publish dyno data......