Exhaust decisions.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The under tail Tyga pipe matches the Akrapovic performance with the map Chad made.

7e5f64e1e4fe38cfad3d8badc893cbfe.jpg

The difference is that it doesn't rev out quite as high. I don't remember the accrual amount Chad said. I think it was like 300rpm. Chad, correct me of my memory is totally off here please. This might be fixed by removal of the db killer. Testing and map was made with the db killer installed only, so it's speculation however. Removal may also hinder power output just like on the Akrapovic exhaust as well.

The sound with the Tyga pipes is wonderful! Deep and throaty, but not illegally loud like the Werks.

SneakyOwl

The Tyga duo is growing on me... Would look even better with sharp lines and not round in the carbon bit.
I think it would look pretty sweet on a race-only bike, but a street bike with lights, tail tidy etc. it might get a bit "messy".

BPFS-0141-4.jpg

Last edited:

Edwardp33

Country flag
Ooooh Yes, the Tyga pipe sounds very nice. I almost purchased one for the looks and the sound but bought a lift and quick shifter instead since I already have an Akro

Jorgek96

Hy,
i have a new ktm rc 390 and i want to buy an exhaust, but i am doubting between the mivv carbon gp and the ghibli. Some one who have the ghibli coud reply me how it sounds with db killer and without the bouth; and how it behaves.
Thanks

CDN Duke

Country flag
I've got a "GPR Ghost" on mine and i love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything else. Like yourself, i was also looking for one that was underbelly. Ghost fits in the place of original and saves tons of weight, sounds beautiful and also very reasonably priced compared to others. Another thing i liked about this was that the can now ends up being much further away from the shock so much less heat is transferred to the shock.
oh.. and it comes with a DB killer. I don't use it.

rippedcb, would love to hear a sound clip of your exhaust - the GPR videos aren't great sound quality. Try to determine how deep tone the Ghost pipe really is. Any chance you post up a sound clip or video please?

zaster

Country flag
I'm surprised not to see any RS9 Yoshimura exhausts on here.
Really like mine, just wouldn't want to be the one riding behind my bike :D

Trae327

I bought the werkes exhaust from someone on ebay.. the werkes exhaust doesnt seem to have good packing to begin with. I drilled out the rivets and repacked with fmf 4 stroke packing and it made a huge difference. it has a nice sound now that isnt super loud and seemed to pick up some tq. If you have a werkes its almost a must to repack. cost me 22$ and some rivets

CDN Duke

Country flag
I bought the werkes exhaust from someone on ebay.. the werkes exhaust doesnt seem to have good packing to begin with. I drilled out the rivets and repacked with fmf 4 stroke packing and it made a huge difference. it has a nice sound now that isnt super loud and seemed to pick up some tq. If you have a werkes its almost a must to repack. cost me 22$ and some rivets

Good to hear from you again Trae327 - was hoping you might update us in the Werkes repacking thread with how your pipe is holding up? http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/en...cussion/1865-packing-werkes-exhaust-dyno.html

I recently traded my GPR Ghost for a Werkes. I sent it back to Competition Werkes to get the center coated and a factory repack.

bkruk

Hi, links does not work. Do you have any updated links to video? I'd really like a look as I was on the edge of ordering the exhaust my self. How is the loudness? Too loud for track?
PM me your cell phone info and can send the video directly

shift_love

Country flag
has anyone tried out the new castless akra with a reflash yet? how does it run? less power, same power, or slightly more? havent been able to find any solid info on it unless its with pcv, filter cover mod, filter and tuning. i just want an exhaust for less weight and same or slightly more power while running decent
hopes and dreams i guess...